Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > MTI (Marine Technologies)
Question for the experts >

Question for the experts

Notices

Question for the experts

Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 940 Likes on 506 Posts

Didn't an MTI flip the weekend of the Don Aronow race/ Lamborghini boat on the other thread? What was the cause of that one?

I think the cat insurance is insane since you can go so much faster with the same HP as a Vee. 1075 cat will hit 150 whereas a 1075 Vee runs 120-125. More variables to get you in trouble with the cat as well.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:02 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Didn't an MTI flip the weekend of the Don Aronow race/ Lamborghini boat on the other thread? What was the cause of that one?

I think the cat insurance is insane since you can go so much faster with the same HP as a Vee. 1075 cat will hit 150 whereas a 1075 Vee runs 120-125. More variables to get you in trouble with the cat as well.
the thread started off as what speed would a MTI flip over, not can you barrel roll a cat in the corner... but yes, cats roll in races quite often, a skater rolled yesterday in detroit. this is different than what was asked at the beginning of the thread.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
the thread started off as what speed would a MTI flip over, not can you barrel roll a cat in the corner... but yes, cats roll in races quite often, a skater rolled yesterday in detroit. this is different than what was asked at the beginning of the thread.
randy has always been easily distracted...
Old 07-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

OH YEH thats right, threads always stay on track here in OSO land
Old 07-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wild
Was having a drunken discussion this weekend about the speed at which and MTI would become airborn and flip.

i am assuming that that is primarily the reason for the high insurance. So if you can stay under that speed wouldnt your insurance be cheaper

So my question is what is the minimum speed you could be traveling to get the cat out of water, airborn, and over?????

100, 125, 150, what do you think??

some monday morning discussion -

thanks

Randy Wild

How is it going Randy. To try and answer you questions. For starters if you compare apples to apples, say a 42 GTX and 42 MTI both with 1075's and comparable hull values, I don't think that there will be as big of a difference as many think. The highend high performance V's are getting pretty expensive. Secondly, there are fewer Cat's paying insurance, so not as many to spread the risk over. Which brings up the final point in that it is almost unheard of for a cat to just blow over without outside forces. As in Sean's pictures, Most all of the blowovers are overseas racing and involve the roost of another boat.I think the insurance companies are looking at risk, and most cats are going to be traveling much faster which increases risk. JMHO.
I may be at LOTO this weekend if your going to be around.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 44MTI
How is it going Randy. To try and answer you questions. For starters if you compare apples to apples, say a 42 GTX and 42 MTI both with 1075's and comparable hull values, I don't think that there will be as big of a difference as many think. The highend high performance V's are getting pretty expensive. Secondly, there are fewer Cat's paying insurance, so not as many to spread the risk over. Which brings up the final point in that it is almost unheard of for a cat to just blow over without outside forces. As in Sean's pictures, Most all of the blowovers are overseas racing and involve the roost of another boat.I think the insurance companies are looking at risk, and most cats are going to be traveling much faster which increases risk. JMHO.
I may be at LOTO this weekend if your going to be around.

Thanks Mike, i will not be down this weekend but i will be down for a poker run next friday/sat if you want to wait a week
Old 07-15-2008, 11:40 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Joe
randy has always been easily distracted...
Yeah, that happens to the best of us...
Old 07-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wild... just buy an MTI..... You know you want one...

That 4 seater Bravo boat is sitting over by us at the old BTM store on Hwy 54.

How is the new bike?
Old 07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that happens to the best of us...

Nice to know its not just me
Old 07-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SinkorSwim
Wild... just buy an MTI..... You know you want one...

That 4 seater Bravo boat is sitting over by us at the old BTM store on Hwy 54.

How is the new bike?
I want one real friggin bad - im thinkin about the canopy speed racer

the bravo MTI at LOTO is a little rough in the finish, plus the bravos suck

The bike is getting more use that the boat these days, to much crap on the weekends but it looks like the end of july and all of august is open, so its time to burn fuel

Just dropped my 20 off at Heavy duty equipment across from you for some trailer repair.

Ill bring the bike by some day, do you work in the office.

Quick Reply: Question for the experts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.