Notices

Miami Vice MOJO boat

Old 05-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Miami Vice MOJO boat

Been in the market for a Cat! Looked at Nor-tech, rode in an eliminator daytona, and now thinking of this MTI. I have heard so many stories of this boat. Does anyone really have the complete history or can someone lay it out so I can understand it. I like the boat but don't want to get too interested until the history makes some sense to me.

Thanks

Mike
Old 05-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

It got repainted.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Registered

Yes, I have seen the new paint. Wondering about the story line. It has been to Barrett-Jackson at least once and I think twice. I believe it has been owned by the brother in law of the owner of MTI . I called to get information from them two weeks ago and have not gotten a call back. I just don't want to drop $250k on a toy and then find out I did not do enough research. Anyone that knows this boat, please chime in.

Thanks in advance

Mike
Old 05-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Cashbar is at the Tickfaw 200, and may not have a chance to chime in until next week. He chased that boat for a while and should know most of it's history.
Be sure to talk to Greg first about it.

Too bad Carey is not with us. He also knew all about it as well. I sure do miss that guy.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:54 AM
Registered

Sounds good. Is Greg "cashbar"? Not sure I know who you are referring too! This is difficult to get information without being a burden on everyone. This is about the only way I know how. I have to think this boat is priced right. It includes the tilt trailer as well. I just don't want to buy a boat that is so well known that it is hard to sell down the road. I keep my boats nice and for along time but never had a cat! I will either love it or won't so I am being a bit more conservative than usual. Thanks Sydwayz for your help. I hope my next question on here is how to change my name on this forum to something else that goes with MTI.

Mike
Old 05-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Sold At BJ in 2008 for 192500 http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...VIE-BOAT-61274

Then sold again at BJ in 2014 for 283800 with matching H2 http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...RP-BOAT-160978
Old 05-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by formula 382
Sounds good. Is Greg "cashbar"? Not sure I know who you are referring too! This is difficult to get information without being a burden on everyone. This is about the only way I know how. I have to think this boat is priced right. It includes the tilt trailer as well. I just don't want to buy a boat that is so well known that it is hard to sell down the road. I keep my boats nice and for along time but never had a cat! I will either love it or won't so I am being a bit more conservative than usual. Thanks Sydwayz for your help. I hope my next question on here is how to change my name on this forum to something else that goes with MTI.

Mike
Yes, one in the same. I gave him a heads up to check this thread.
Do a few searches as well, as the boat has been discussed here in the past.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello Mike,
I got your PM. I don't know anything about this boat other than what I read on here!! CashBar has chased this boat as Sydwayz has mentioned and it's in Lauderdale so maybe he can put eyes on it for you and save you a flight!! Good Luck and keep me posted.

Greg / Brian, Mike is a great guy and a good guy to know, FYI.

Thanks Pat
Old 05-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Registered

Thank you all. I appreciate all the help I can get. Going to LOTO this weekend. Going to check out a few other Cats but this MTI has really got me thinking.

Mike
Old 05-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

I am back in Ft Lauderdale. I don't know the "whole" history but I have big chunks of it. Shoot me a PM if you need anything. If you are at LOTO then TimG from MTI may be able to give you ALL of the story.