SBI Miami - PHOTOS

Notices

SBI Miami - PHOTOS

Old 04-22-2009, 12:50 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 800XCR
Looks like either Mystic or JBS will be spending some cash - DELAM in a big way.
Don't know why it would be Mystic. Skater didn't pay for Forrest Barber's 46 Skater that delamed in KW during the '99 Worlds our my 46 during the '03 Worlds in OB. MTI & Platinum didn't pay when the bottom of their boats failed for Geico The list goes on and on.

It's just part of doing business when you're racing. All these boats take some serious ponding out there.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Registered

I agree Dave, I will tell you this guys, Randy and MTI have gone above and beyond with regard to repairs on our boat. I cannot say enough good things about them with regard to the way we have been treated. First class from the top to the bottom. When you race hard, you break and it will cost ya.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 52 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Don't know why it would be Mystic. Skater didn't pay for Forrest Barber's 46 Skater that delamed in KW during the '99 Worlds our my 46 during the '03 Worlds in OB. MTI & Platinum didn't pay when the bottom of their boats failed for Geico The list goes on and on.

It's just part of doing business when you're racing. All these boats take some serious ponding out there.
I don't know if it's something that Mystic should take care of citing all of the valid reasons and examples that you've posted. I agree that when pushing a product to it's limit failures can and will happen eventually its just part of the sport...

But here is something that John Cosker posted today on another site which is pretty cool....

Originally Posted by Mystic
I'm sorry I wasn't a member of this board so Sean Stinson alerted me to this thread.

As stated above I am going to stand behind my product and put Joe and Jeff into a new boat. They are meeting with John Arruda today to go over the rigging transfer details.

The water intruded into the cockpit through holes cut in the structure during rigging. When the bottom delaminated we lost one bulkhead in the sponson but the safety cage around the occupants STAYED IN TACT. In light of this on all of my boats I will call them back to the shop after rigging and put structural safety shields over all rigging holes. I have already discussed this with some of my teams.

I am very concerned about the cavalier attitude that some builders take, thinking that they know "enough"...... because of "experience" or an "engineering degree". - From T2X.

Really?? Do you know me? I never know enough and life is a constant evolution. If every entrepreneur or person responsible for technological advances were looked at as cavalier and ridiculed where would we be? I like the styling of some dugout canoes but they would be a pretty boring race.

I have talked to almost all of my racers in the last couple of days about upgrades revisions and ways to make the boats safer and more advanced. I welcome all of their input, it only makes my boats better. Is that cavalier?

I've been in this industry nearly 20 years and there are those whose "time in" eclipses mine. I listen to them very carefully. I don't watch these posts much so if anyone would like to discuss this with me in person my office number is 386-736-451-0047, my cell phone is 386-451-0047, and my home phone is 386-760-9166. Even better stop by and see what we do here.

Best regards,

John Cosker
Mystic Powerboats Inc.

Last edited by fountain4play; 04-22-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you John for standing up for your product!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Banned

cant ask for any more than that...
Old 04-22-2009, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 146 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by schnydo
There Are Alot Of Pics On Here But You Alway Have Photographs Than'x Dave
Thank you.

Who likes Mystics?

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 04-22-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GREAT BOATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Beautiful shots, Jay!

Chris
Old 04-22-2009, 10:10 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
GREAT BOATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice windshields too Jim!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.