Notices

Platinum Lightning Header System

Old 09-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Platinum Lightning Header System

Looking for the ultimate fresh water jacketed header system? Looking for more power? Looking for a significant weight savings? Look no further, at CP Performance we carry the exclusive platinum header system by Lightning Manufacturing. Lightning has the edge with its ONE-PIECE 316L mandrel bent inner tubes and a mild steel outer tube featuring ceramic coated water jackets. What does this mean to you? Reliability and performance backed by a 2-Year warranty.
This long tube design is perfect for the person looking for true header performance without the added cost of full stainless headers or the corrosion problems associated with salt water use.

Now available for the 496 engine! They are one of the only two header systems on the market today that does not require any modifications to be made to your engine cover.

Only at CP Performance can you get such a great performance header system for a low price.

Standard Application
Only $1699.99
310-40304

496 MAG & 496 HO
Only $1999.99
496 Includes all Installation Hardware
310-40308

Old 09-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 330 Posts
Default Re: Platinum Lightning Header System

A few questions since I'm replacing my stock Merc 502 exhausts in the spring and I'm looking at some exhaust options:

>Are there direct SS replacements available for the 502 that has a Corsa Captains Call exhaust or is custom measuring/fabrication needed?
>Relocation brackets available too?
>Is it necessary to reprogram the ECU and who can do it?
>Is there a choice of powder coat finishes with the SS header?

Last edited by Indy; 09-29-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Are these available for the 502 that has a Corsa Captains Call exhaust?? Relocation brackets available too?
Unfortunately this header is too long to adapt to your Corsa diverters. Instead Lightning uses their own diverters with their own style header like this 310-40324. That header comes standard with the Merc shift bracket and you would need to relocate your oil filter. The only header on the market today that will adapt to your Corsa diverters is made by Hardin Marine and that is the Cyclone 620-32040.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
A few questions since I'm replacing my stock Merc 502 exhausts in the spring and I'm looking at some exhaust options:

>Are there direct SS replacements available for the 502 that has a Corsa Captains Call exhaust or is custom measuring/fabrication needed?
>Relocation brackets available too?
>Is it necessary to reprogram the ECU and who can do it?
>Is there a choice of powder coat finishes with the SS header?
Lightning does not manufacture a header that will accomodate a Corsa diverter system. How ever they do manufacture a system with an integrated diverter system #310-40324. If you wish to retain your corsa system you would need to look at another brand of manufacture. Hardin marine makes a system #620-32040 that would accomodate your application.