Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Offshoreonly Marketplace > New Products and Member Discounts
Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System >

Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System

Notices

Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System

Old 04-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Only the Best Will Do!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Should anything be put on the orings prior to assembly? I have a brand new set and just from running the engine on the stand I can't stop them from leaking. Not alot, but a little.

They are a great design and I trust there is a trick to this.

Thanks,

Kirk

Kirk,

They shouldn't leak at all usually the o-ring needs to have some sort of lubrication so that it can slide into the receiver groove without being puled out of its retaining groove. Make sure the cover is square to the the receiver rail and tighten thumb screws evenly. If you have any additional difficulty please contact us.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by gripit
Do they come with a money back guarantee against leaking?
Are you placing an order? Sure order today and I "Guarantee" the set you buy won't leak between the cover and receiver rail. Of course I'm assuming you seal them to the cylinder head correctly.

Food for thought here. Open up a PowerBoat magazine and you will see our covers on the worlds leading engine builders packages everyday. These are guys building $40K to $100K engine packages. Do you really think Engine builders of this caliber would trust their reputation to an inferior product ? Like I said earlier we will stand behind "OUR" products when installed properly.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by offthefront
.... maybe there is a way to tell which covers you have... m
While I am sorry to say I do not have any way to distinguish early sets from late. The only thing I can attest to is that we have been building the covers since approximately. March 2005.

This is one of those cases where you would need to know the history of the potential covers in question. Were they purchased from Keith Eickert Performance Products since then ? If so you should have a high quality set of 2-piece covers.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I am not sure what it would cost or the logistics behind it but you should stand behind all KEPP products.

I had a lemon of a Chevy once but the part that kept breaking was sub'ed and they didn't stand by it. Ford has made truck loads full of money off me since...
Logistically you are describing two different scenarios. You are talking about two Companies that are still in business ? Your right, Chevy should have stood behind the part they made it and sold it and profited from it, I do agree they have an obligation to make it right to you. I know Ford is not honoring the claims from Volvo's (Volvo is Ford owned now) previous customers when they didn't own the Company.

While I admit it is unfortunate of scenario It is not possible for me to cover the millions in debts also racked up by the prior owner. As the story goes as per old KEPP employee's thats always hush, hush on this forum is that certain individuals that offered these defective covers knowingly were made aware of the problem and opted for discounted pricing and said they would handle there customers issue's as all can see that obviously didn't happen. It's just a he said, they said deal. The deception ran much farther than the manufacture at the time.

We can only try to help those in need to the best of our ability. I have offered to break kits apart and sell just rails at a discounted value to help those that were not so fortunate.

I actually stand behind a number of Manufactures parts when purchased from us. I think everyone should go back to where they bought there inferior part and demand there money back! Its the person who sold them the faulty parts responsibility. If you go to the store and buy milk and it is sour you don't go to the dairy you go to the store. Its the stores responsibility to work it out with the dairy. Rest assured we take care of all of our dealers and there customers.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Thanks for taking the time Keith.

I will let you know when I fire it up again. Hopefully we'll be leak free. They are a new set just out of the box in January so I'll keep you posted.

How these guys expect you to warranty items that you weren't responsible for is beyond me. If they had issues back then they should have addressed them with the dealer like you stated. We get caught in this mess all the time. It is an unfortunate part of the business, but usually if we help them get their product replaced or repaired it goes along way and leads to future sales. I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

Hell you were in business when I was in kindergarten!

Thanks again, hopefully no issue this time.

Kirk
Old 04-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how much is a new set of rails for the valve covers
Old 04-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by dennis r
how much is a new set of rails for the valve covers

Dennis, if you have the covers and are having a problem contact me and we will see wether we can check them in our jig and what exactly may be wrong. If you need rails we will work a deal for you. Feel free to call us @386-446-0660
Old 04-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Lookinf for an exspation bottle formy leg i looked online at your site didnt see any could you help? thanks mike
Old 05-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Registered

i have earlier sets (2000) on my sonic motors and are leak free and love them thanks Bob and Kieth
Old 05-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Haha thanks berco now i hope he can set me up on my bravo

Quick Reply: Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.