Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Offshoreonly Marketplace > New Products and Member Discounts
Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System >

Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System

Notices

Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System

Old 04-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System

These valve covers are not only the most beautiful addition to any big block Chevrolet marine engine they also solve one of the most difficult and annoying tasks for power boaters, inspection and adjustment of your engines valve train! The PATENTED two piece design allows access for inspection and maintenance without removal of the exhaust system. Once the receiver rail is installed you will never have to worry about cleaning, replacing, or scraping valve cover gaskets again. The patented valve cover receiver rail stands ¾” tall and prevents oil from running down the side of your engine when the cover is removed. A positive o-ring seal assures a leak free seal between the valve covers and the receiver rail, but best of all the cover is removed via two integrated thumb screws, that’s right NO TOOLS REQUIRED to remove your valve covers any more!

We have these available for B/B Chevy engines in plain, polished, or a limitless number of custom colors.
These valve covers are sold in pairs starting at the super low price of
$379.99.

Visit us on the web at www.keitheickert.com
or
call us direct at 1(386) 446-0660 to order your custom set of Keith Eickert valve covers today!

Last edited by KEPP; 01-30-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:36 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Wouldn't be without them
Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey KEPP ... you have the O'rings for those covers ? m
Old 04-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by offthefront
Hey KEPP ... you have the O'rings for those covers ? m
Sure you can order them at http://www.keitheickert.com/detail~ID~7776.aspx
Old 04-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Should anything be put on the orings prior to assembly? I have a brand new set and just from running the engine on the stand I can't stop them from leaking. Not alot, but a little.

They are a great design and I trust there is a trick to this.

Thanks,

Kirk
Old 04-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Registered

I had two sets of those valve covers and could never get them to seal. They would leak at the rear corners. Replaced orings twice, tried a thin coat of sealer, pulled them off and cleaned the oring surface and they still leaked. I got very frustrated and called KEPP and got no help. I spent hours messing w/ these covers and got nowhere. SO, THEY WENT IN THE DUMPSTER. New valve covers work perfect and they were half the $$$.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned
Gold Member

I hope that is not the solution. They look nice and are very functional.

I'll hopefully be starting the engine in a few weeks. If they leak, I'd hope KEPP would have a simple solution.

They make nice products and have always had great service.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hudsonslingshot
I had two sets of those valve covers and could never get them to seal. They would leak at the rear corners. Replaced orings twice, tried a thin coat of sealer, pulled them off and cleaned the oring surface and they still leaked. I got very frustrated and called KEPP and got no help. I spent hours messing w/ these covers and got nowhere. SO, THEY WENT IN THE DUMPSTER. New valve covers work perfect and they were half the $$$.
I think there was a bad batch of the Valve covers that were made when KE did not have control over production ... Another Vendor sold the covers .. I am not sure what the problem was but they did leak .... maybe there is a way to tell which covers you have... m
Old 04-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Do they come with a money back guarantee against leaking?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by hudsonslingshot
Gentlemen, While I cannot make any excuses for Valve covers that may have leaked in the past I can give you some insight into now and then. In the days gone past of the down fall of the Keith Eickert Power Products days. The then Chief operators Jim Smith and Julie Sullivan knowingly back doored and sold many "DEFECTIVE" valve cover sets. The rails must be machined properly to provide the correct amount of o-ring pre-load. Many sets of the Valve Covers passed through some OSO retailers. When we Purchased this Company a little over one year ago we were made aware of the nearly 1000 "BAD" receiver rails in inventory that they had been pulling from them to ship inventory. WE SCRAPPED ALL OF tHESE !!

We have a commitment of product quality and stand behind every product we build. I can't control what happened prior to our ownership as the present owners we developed precision tooling to exact these tolerances and produce a extremely high quality leak free cover set. Each set of covers is checked before it leaves our facility and is warranted to be leak free when installed properly. I have offered on many occasions in the past contact the Company you purchased your covers from and we will workin the name of customer service to the best of our ability to resolve their issues.

Quick Reply: Keith Eickert Patented Easy Adjust 2-Piece Valve Cover System

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.