why no 36 using ASD? >

why no 36 using ASD?

Notices

why no 36 using ASD?

Old 12-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default why no 36 using ASD?

Whats going on with the 3600 cats & ASD? seems to me the perfect set up, why is no one using them? The Boat I'm looking at seems to be the only one using the ADS-6 yet they are used on all the other major cats. any thoughts? Thanks Jeff
Attached Images  
Old 12-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: why no 36 using ASD?

Resale seems to be an issue with them.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

This is my take on it...This should also be asked in the gen. forum.....Boat Manufactures want to sell what sells easiest for them, all of them, and also what they have come acustomed to installing. The Quicker so many times you do it means more profit. They dont want to do R&D on something different, why fix what's not broken. Custom isn't custom anymore, and then what happens is sometimes the boats get set up wrong, so now it's the Surface drives fault. Hustler is the only one that ventures somewhat on the wild side by putting surface drives (ARNESON) on their V's. Beleive me, the boat drives as good, docks as well, no clunking into gear, way more dependable, gets up on plane as good.... if rigged and propped properly, but resale sucks because of the lack of knowledge of general public cause the dealer or boat manufactures doesnt want to educate them, nor has the time to educate their own employees or themselves, in sales and service. So now it becomes a morfadite. Internationally, like the races today on Spike, all the V's had surface drives, what do they know what we dont, or dont want to learn. Servicing them is easier, again once you go through them, just like anything else. Its unfortunate that Mercury has such a strangle hold on this industry, kind of like racing, but I will shut up on that. My next boat will have trip ASD-7's with a manufacturer who is willing to set the boat up right for my application.

Last edited by Jassman; 12-17-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's hard for a dealer to sell try it as an owner. #6s
Old 12-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 3600cat
If enough people with balls got together and said the hell with you Mercury and your prices, (I commend Ilmor) and relized there were other alternatives that were more effecient out there, and were given a chance to not be banned in racing like(Weisman) and a few others, the competion would make Mercury improve (like on their bravos) and lower the prices. Mercury has to much control, again just my take on it.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jassman I thought ASD-7's were only for cats?
Old 12-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Per RIK, basically the same as the asd-6, enhanced in a few areas, not a problem on a V, maybe he can elaborate since he is the expert.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 3600cat
I see that everyone is just snapping them up also!
Old 12-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The main reason for the question at hand is the lack of knowlege of a viable alternative.

There are the ones that say resale but at the same time they are having difficulties selling the same boats with a Mercury drive but they don't consider that an issue.

Reguardless of what the na sayers say, the drive does work on the boats reguardless of a Cat or a V bottom.

The drive units are stonger, lighter and for some dumb reason less expensive as well. There are no installation issues or use issues.

You want resale issues put a Bravo on these boats.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rik, what are the money savings between yours and the #6, and what are the weight savings per unit?

Quick Reply: why no 36 using ASD?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.