38 Nor-Tech's? >

38 Nor-Tech's?

Notices

38 Nor-Tech's?

Old 07-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38 Nor-Tech's?

I have been watching a 2000 38 Nor-Tech in the Classifieds. it has been there for a loooong time. I have never seen a 38. I was wonering if these are a small 38' or are they pretty roomy. What it the cabin headroom? Also how is the ride? I did a search and can't seem to find any input. I think it is a nice looking boat. Just wondering why it has been sitting for so long. Is it just priced to high or is it something else?
I have been on Wrinkfaces' 43' and it is awesome. Just a little out of my league
Thanks
Old 07-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts
Default Re: 38 Nor-Tech's?

The 38' is a great boat. I have a friend that just sold his 98' with big "Chief" power.

I loved the boat but I wasn't a fan of the front bolster set-up. Cabin is roomy and well layed out. It had a full head too.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The short fall of the boat (IMO) is that the cockpict space is tight. The engines are NOT staggered, and there is still little or no room to move around in the cockpit.

The trade off is that the cabin is very roomy with very good headroom. I understand that the boat handles very good.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Registered

Thanks Guys,
I think it is a sweet looking boat.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boomer's right. The 38 is a great boat for speed and handling. However the cockpit is small because of the large cabin with the full head. This was the one boat that wasn't longer than it's namesake. It's really 36 with a large swim platform.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

James, would you mind putting it on here as well, so we can all read it, thanks Jeff
Old 07-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input war bird. I didn't realize they were so light. How roomy is the engine compartment? And does anyone have any info on the blue 38 that is in the end of the classifieds? thanks
Old 07-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
Thanks for the input war bird. I didn't realize they were so light. How roomy is the engine compartment? And does anyone have any info on the blue 38 that is in the end of the classifieds? thanks
Mixer Boy, U R Diss'n me!! I will have 2 kicka Yo AZZ!!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird
Jassman,
I have the actual magazine. Yeah, I keep all my old stuff like that. I'm happy to share it, but I'm so technologically ignorant that I don't have the first idea how to get it on here. Maybe you can instruct me, or, if Terry is willing, I'll run it up to NT and he can scan it into his system and post it. T has my number.

It's an interesting bit of NT history; very complimentary review, and Trond got a ticket for speeding in the intracoastal during the test (big surprise, right?). I don't think that the article would negatively affect NT's sales, do you...?
Im no help, Im 2 fingering it right now I am totally computer illiterate, thank God for spell check. I will be there thursday picking out cabin and cockpit colors, my brother from another mother (Terry) will be out of town on a mission. Stop by and say hi. Thanks Jeff
Old 07-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

James,
Yeah drop it by sometime and we can scan it.
T

Quick Reply: 38 Nor-Tech's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.