What's Next for Nortech?

Notices

What's Next for Nortech?

Old 07-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Next for Nortech?

I know you guys can't be sitting around with no plans for a new hull or two. The 39' is done and looks great, the 75-80' is being built... so what is next????? You have to have something in the works!!?!?!?!

How about a ~32' cat or???

P.S. this is a wish list... not any inside scoop.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Banned

Default Re: What's Next for Nortech?

I think everyone at Nortech is very happy with their market position and product mix, I dont think you will see anything new other than refinements to their existing products including using more exotic materials, expanding their efi motor selection, the smaller size market is just stupid competetive and alot more competition there. Nortech has found a great home as a semi custom high end hi-performance boat line, just my 2 cents
Old 07-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I know, TS has stated that the smaller boat market is not where they want to go, but we can wish . If you look back over the last few years, Nortech really has introduced a lot of new hulls and a ton of new innovative ideas to their boats.

How many years ago was it that Nortech only had the 38V and 50 Cat? Now they have a 39, 43, and 50 V and a 36, 43, and 50 cat. I just thought a smaller cat would still fit the company model and can still get a good price for a custom 32 cat (e.g. Skater, DCB).
Old 07-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Registered

On the wish list, I'd love to see a 50V with the new styling of the 39 - that'd be sweet!

These guys have been busy the last few years. 6-7 yrs. ago, they had the 38V and 50V. Then came the 50 cat, followed by the 43V, then 36 cat (top seller), 43 cat, 80V, canopied cats, and lets not neglect to mention the 120 sport yacht that's been on the back burner for last few years. Although they've seen some serious growth in product line and market expansion, I bet we still haven't seen the best of N-T yet! As far as going smaller goes - I agree with you all; way too much competition in that field. That goes in line with those that say they should do an outboard model. Don't think that's happening anytime soon. So, my hat's off to them for staying motivated and dynamic with their product line thus far........as evidenced by the boats leaving the factory. Stay tuned, you'll still get impressed each time!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Banned

Deletto, You Asked You Get, My 50 V Is Being Redone With All The 39 Innovations, Terry Is Finalizing The Carbon Interior Now Should Have Updated With All The New Features By The Shootout, Looking Forward To The Changes, Love The 39, Billet Acc's Interior Features, Etc, And It Is For Sale Also. Wiggler
Old 07-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Registered

Wiggler, YOU are the man!!!! Now THAT sounds IMPRESSIVE. Thanks for the info and I hope you share a few photos of your boat when it is completed so we may all have a reference point as to what a real performance Vhull is supposed to look like. I anticipate seeing one helluva great looking boat! Take care.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A new web site w/ some awesome new clothes and accessories to customize the boat and my wife and my bod!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
I know, TS has stated that the smaller boat market is not where they want to go, but we can wish . If you look back over the last few years, Nortech really has introduced a lot of new hulls and a ton of new innovative ideas to their boats.

How many years ago was it that Nortech only had the 38V and 50 Cat? Now they have a 39, 43, and 50 V and a 36, 43, and 50 cat. I just thought a smaller cat would still fit the company model and can still get a good price for a custom 32 cat (e.g. Skater, DCB).
Don't forget the new 80' monster that is selling faster than it can be built.Leave the smaller boats to the guys that do them best you have to build volume in that market to make money or break even in production boats if you build custom boats you can't build enough to survive in a year or you become a huge builder with no focus other than money and yes you can make gobs of it if you can give up what this is all about and we all know who is doing that try to sell a used one for 50 cents on the dollar or try nor tech?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Registered

The one thing that hardly gets mentioned is the phenomenal customer service Terry and the rest at N-T show. In this day and age, seems as though people in general have neglected to learn outstanding customer service - exceeding the clients every and all expectations. This goes for all people and businesses, as I'm sure you well know - restaurants, boats, just about anything you can think of. When someone, namely a business, goes out of their way to achieve this - well, they stand tall in a room filled with midgets (no offense). TS and others at N-T have gone out of their way to assist me with my boat - from maint., to storage, to locating a trailer and truck, etc.etc.etc., the list goes on - and most of the time it was on their "day off" (if there's such a thing). My point is: they really care about their clients, who basically become family. They take immense pride and no compromises in the boats they build - you all know the track record. I have not heard of any other boat builder, to date, who really gives a chit about the people. Give Kudos to where Kudos are due - and they truley deserve it! That, my amigos, is what helps to make a company and it's employees the standard to which all others should be measured.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
A new web site... new clothes and accessories to customize my bod!!!
that would be a gruesome sight

Quick Reply: What's Next for Nortech?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.