Notices

Nor-tech's Can Fly

Old 01-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nor-tech's Can Fly

Originally Posted by rv
Jeff,
That was the water to do that in. Several boats were in the air that day. Several broke too. The NorTech held up great. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Maybe with these you can build some of your history back for the garage wall. All you have to do is photoshop me out of the pictures and nobody will know!

Rick
i'm new to the idea of a hull actually "failing". could you guys educate me a little? is this covered on typical insurance policies? i'm assuming that people have been hurt/killed?? has anyone broken any fountains recently? is there any one hull manufacturer that is known for this?
thanks.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Cobra Power

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"LOOSE CANNON" in Action!
Attached Thumbnails Nor-tech's Can Fly-imgp2319.jpg  
Old 02-07-2007, 08:31 AM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice picture! Prop inspections can be done from that one.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Home Forums Classifieds Photos Hotspots Marine Links Store Live Chat OSO TV Contact Us

Offshoreonly.com > Owner's Forum > Nor-Tech > Nor-tech's Can Fly
Reply to Thread
Welcome, fordsofflease.
You last visited: 03-08-2007 at 09:08 PM
Private Messages: Unread 2, Total 2.

Upgrade Membership Member Control Panel Swap Shop FAQ Calendar New Posts Search Log Out

Show Threads Show Posts
Advanced Search

Quick Links
Today's Posts
Mark Forums Read
Open Buddy List
User Control Panel
Edit Signature
Edit Profile
Edit Options
Miscellaneous
Private Messages
Subscribed Threads
My Profile
Who's Online

Go to Page...

Blank Profile Fields
You have not yet completed the following profile fields:
City, State
Your Boat- year, make, model
Click here to edit your profile.
Click here to not show this again for days.

Thread: Nor-tech's Can Fly Reply to Thread
Logged in as fordsofflease Title:

FontsArialArial BlackArial NarrowBook AntiquaCentury GothicComic Sans MSCourier NewFixedsysFranklin Gothic MediumGaramondGeorgiaImpactLucida ConsoleLucida Sans UnicodeMicrosoft Sans SerifPalatino LinotypeSystemTahomaTimes New RomanTrebuchet MSVerdana

Smilies

[More]

Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
No icon

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text Attach Files
Valid file extensions: avi bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mov mp3 mpg pdf png pps psd txt wmv xml zip
Thread SubscriptionNotification Type:
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification

Topic Review (Newest First)

02-07-2007 01:31 PM
rv Nice picture! Prop inspections can be done from that one.
02-07-2007 12:45 AM
cobrapower "LOOSE CANNON" in Action!
01-25-2007 04:28 AM
snapontoolsjt Quote:
Originally Posted by rv
Jeff,
That was the water to do that in. Several boats were in the air that day. Several broke too. The NorTech held up great. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Maybe with these you can build some of your history back for the garage wall. All you have to do is photoshop me out of the pictures and nobody will know!

Rick

i'm new to the idea of a hull actually "failing". could you guys educate me a little? is this covered on typical insurance policies? i'm assuming that people have been hurt/killed?? has anyone broken any fountains recently? is there any one hull manufacturer that is known for this?
thanks.
10-18-2006 12:37 PM
boatfreak28 Jeff you're going to let one little snowstorm in Key Largo scare ya.
10-17-2006 11:43 PM
Jassman Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Jeff, the boat looks incredible!!!! Keep the pics coming.

Thanks Chuck, I told ya I liked the colors on your boat

Mike, NO WAY IN HELL, too cold in Jan but thinking of doing the Miami run after the boat show. Keep in touch.
10-17-2006 01:38 PM
Chuck Jeff, the boat looks incredible!!!! Keep the pics coming.
10-17-2006 12:56 PM
boatfreak28 My liver is a few years older and I'm not sure it can take the "good old times". I would love to go but there is no way it could happen. I will be doing good to get this harvest over with by the end of November. I will however be ready to belly up to the bar at the Bull in January if you would like.
10-16-2006 11:42 PM
Jassman Quote:
Originally Posted by boatfreak28
Jeff she looks awsome. I sure hope all goes as planned.
Now as far as the 28 goes as I recall it I had to wait on you and Keith after I made those bursts to 100. I've been talking to Bob about bringing my boat back down for another run to the Keys this winter. Would you be interested?

Why dont you leave with the rest of us to the Keys on Friday with the A.T. crew. 6-7 boats going, c'mon, it will be like good old times.
10-16-2006 08:22 PM
boatfreak28 Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
As to the 28, last time we went Mike brought his 28 we cruised most of the time around 50-55 with a few short bursts here and there to 100, he hung just fine. Jeff

Jeff she looks awsome. I sure hope all goes as planned.
Now as far as the 28 goes as I recall it I had to wait on you and Keith after I made those bursts to 100. I've been talking to Bob about bringing my boat back down for another run to the Keys this winter. Would you be interested?
10-16-2006 11:10 AM
Jassman Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic12
Jeff, we all know Pat has to many hats or is that desks??? he's a buey man they have done a great job so far, and knowing PAT it will be worth the wait. Looks like you will be spending a lot of time wax on wax off thats alot of color to maintain I wish I could do the AT run but not this year, besides all you big dogs would leave my little 28 lost in your wakes.

We all wear too many hats at one time or another. Pat just needs to have one of his painting get Jeffs boat done by Wed. hat on so I can make this run. As to the 28, last time we went Mike brought his 28 we cruised most of the time around 50-55 with a few short bursts here and there to 100, he hung just fine. Jeff
10-15-2006 03:56 PM
cosmic12 Jeff, we all know Pat has to many hats or is that desks??? he's a buey man they have done a great job so far, and knowing PAT it will be worth the wait. Looks like you will be spending a lot of time wax on wax off thats alot of color to maintain I wish I could do the AT run but not this year, besides all you big dogs would leave my little 28 lost in your wakes.
10-15-2006 02:03 PM
Jassman Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando
Thought you were going with three?

CAT,
Trips will not fit in the engine compartment with out modifing the back seat and so. I like the big cockpit especially with that additional fold out bench seat behind the drivers bolsters, and didnt want to give that up. Trips easily fit in the 5000v but that ended up being to big of a boat for me.

Cosmic12,
Pat didnt send any without masking as of yet. Wed. he promised would be done then to Nortech to finish for the KW PR. Ill be leaving that Tuesday the 7th for a test ride on Wed, and then leave out Thursday with Bob and Shari Smallwood following them to Pompano for the departure on Friday with the A.T. crew. Jeff
10-14-2006 04:26 PM
cosmic12 Jass any finish pics without all the masking??? deck, cocpit ,ect
10-13-2006 03:35 PM
Catmando Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
Boat has Twin Yanmar diesels and ASD-8's...

Thought you were going with three?
10-12-2006 04:38 PM
Jassman Quote:
Originally Posted by rv
Jeff,
Very very nice! I hope you have it in the Keys. We will be down for the races and I would like to hook up with you and say Hi.

Rick

No problem, sounds good to me. Also have some info for you on your motors and where Eddie the engine builder is at, closer to your neck of the woods, we still keep in contact. Jeff
10-12-2006 04:36 PM
sonic28 hey rv
lets talk about a sonic they can do that all day so i',ve heard.i know my fountain can't
10-12-2006 12:17 PM
rv Jeff,
Very very nice! I hope you have it in the Keys. We will be down for the races and I would like to hook up with you and say Hi.

Rick
10-11-2006 11:50 PM
Jassman Thanks Guys. Boat looks good waiting to see the top deck and transom tomorrow.
10-11-2006 11:49 PM
LongShot Jassman

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the photos and nice engine / drive selection for Bahamas & Key West cruising.

Keep the photos posting for all of us.

Enjoy your new NT!
10-11-2006 10:14 PM
Mentalpause It looks awesome Jeff. I really like how the blue came out - excellent choice that I know you went back and forth on.

Congrats
This thread has more than 20 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.