The Motors are not in but ............ >

The Motors are not in but ............

Notices

The Motors are not in but ............

Old 03-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 420 Likes on 280 Posts

WOW! serious boat for serious boy!

Keep pictures coming! nice nice nice boat....
Old 03-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,trying to help you get it sold, the 50v just is hard to beat for an all around performance cruiser, I think you made a great choice on the diesels.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Nice boats.... What is the story behind the Predator name?

The old 50V runs 100 with tri-850's, what do you expect with the diesels?
JS - The name was not original by me but stuck. Back in 02 I bought a slightly used 50 from Nor Tech ( pictured below) to have while they built my current boat to spec. I wanted to change the name but my buddies overruled me & convinced me to use the name again. So this time around I did not even consider another name. When the current boat sells I expect the new owner would want to change the name, as was the case on my first PREDATOR, but we will see.

PIc 1 is original, pic 2 is current

Speed on the diesel boat will be mid 70's with a 600 + mile range. There are a couple of 50's built now that will do that. I can still do poker runs as well as get back to doing some of the long range cruising that I used to do. Looking forward to that.
Bob
Attached Thumbnails The Motors are not in but ............-chopper-over-boat.jpg   The Motors are not in but ............-predator-%40-key-west.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 03-15-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Bob, congrats, boat looks awesome. I like what Harold did on the design, and I'm partial to the blue's, also that contrasting red stripe looks great. What is going on with the upper section of the dash, is that where the garmin is going. What color's in the cockpit and cabin did you end up going with. Jeff
Old 03-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the graphics Bob. Congrads on another beautiful boat.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

NT is on to something with the diesels. The 39V at the Miami show was very cool and didn't sound bad with the hatch down. With the hatch up it sounded like a UPS truck was coming around the corner but with the hatch down it had a little rumble. Price was ridiculous and you can never recoup the cost difference in the boats lifetime in fuel/ maintenance savings but I suspect on a 50 that gap closes a bit after figuring in the resale on a diesel boat.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob Looks beautiful!!!!!

Cant wait to see it in person!

Heck I have to get a ride on your current predator
Dennis
Old 03-16-2008, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
Bob, congrats, boat looks awesome. I like what Harold did on the design, and I'm partial to the blue's, also that contrasting red stripe looks great. What is going on with the upper section of the dash, is that where the garmin is going. What color's in the cockpit and cabin did you end up going with. Jeff
Thanks Jeff and others on the fine compliments.

You have a good eye Jeff re: dash. The Garmin 5212 is the largest plotter to get built into a NT dash to date. Nils came up with this idea of moving it to the top and doing a bit of customization to get it to fit. The dash and cabin door have since been painted and may be installed by now.
In the cockpit I am using the siver carbon fiber / bay blue and a deeper blue primarily with a few small accents in red to give it some "pop".
The cabin I am treating completely different as I did in the current boat. The seats are a tan leather look basketweave and armrests a matching color with dimples. Kinda hard to describe but should have interior pics in early April.
Bob
Old 03-16-2008, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
NT is on to something with the diesels. The 39V at the Miami show was very cool and didn't sound bad with the hatch down. With the hatch up it sounded like a UPS truck was coming around the corner but with the hatch down it had a little rumble. Price was ridiculous and you can never recoup the cost difference in the boats lifetime in fuel/ maintenance savings but I suspect on a 50 that gap closes a bit after figuring in the resale on a diesel boat.
I first met Trond and Nils back in 1991 or 92 at the Miami Boat Show. I went for a ride with them in one of their first 50's with small diesels but a top speed in the low 60's did not do it for me. I'm kinda over the 100 MPH thing now ( I think ! ) so I will give it a try. Mid 70's should work and with the high hours I rack up, the economy is attractive.

I went for a ride with Adib on his 39 at this years Miami show and was I impressed. That thing runs in the 80's!!
Bob
Old 03-16-2008, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am wondering if I can get some opinions on how I can apply the Team PREDATOR lettering across the faring as shown in pic 1. In the illustration in pic 2, I do not like how the red lettering runs into the red stripe. Would it be a mistake to stop the red stripe just above and below the PREDATOR lettering?
The other option I considered is a smaller lettering that would stop short of the red stripe but do not think the scale would be right. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails The Motors are not in but ............-fmo_2_2_08_2125_lg%5B1%5D.jpg   The Motors are not in but ............-50-v-deck-optionn-c%5B1%5D.jpg  

Quick Reply: The Motors are not in but ............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.