New to me 380LE

Notices

New to me 380LE

Old 07-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to me 380LE

Showed up friday night/sat morning at 2:30 AM. Finally got a chance to look at her close today. Except for a few small spots here and there, the paint job on this thing is incredible. For having sit outside for so long, It still shines like it is brand new. Kudos to the guy who paited it. The details are amazing. Every time I go down the ladder, I find something new in there.

I will post some pics soon. I unhooked the gas tanks from the fuel system today and am seeing if the batteries will take a charge. I am going to start them up on 5 gallon gas cans just to make sure that there are no issues from the tanks sitting for the last couple years.

Engines turn over fine. Starboard has a weak cylinder somewhere. I can hear the inconsistency when I turn it over. I might just see about fixing these engines, instead of selling them, but I am not sure yet.

It is a really cool boat. The headsets even work. Really liking this one.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll look forward to this thread. Lots of luck with the build.

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Showed up friday night/sat morning at 2:30 AM. Finally got a chance to look at her close today. Except for a few small spots here and there, the paint job on this thing is incredible. For having sit outside for so long, It still shines like it is brand new. Kudos to the guy who paited it. The details are amazing. Every time I go down the ladder, I find something new in there.

I will post some pics soon. I unhooked the gas tanks from the fuel system today and am seeing if the batteries will take a charge. I am going to start them up on 5 gallon gas cans just to make sure that there are no issues from the tanks sitting for the last couple years.

Engines turn over fine. Starboard has a weak cylinder somewhere. I can hear the inconsistency when I turn it over. I might just see about fixing these engines, instead of selling them, but I am not sure yet.

It is a really cool boat. The headsets even work. Really liking this one.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Port engine fired up like it was running yesterday. Amazing the resilience of these things. This is the second boat I have pulled from a dark deep grave and done nothing but hook up fuel and charge the existing batteries and had it fire up like it was running yesterday.

THe battery on the starboard engine won't turn over hard enough to fire. It is also the engine that is supposed to be blown.

After spending a little time with it, I am thinking there is a really good chance that it overheated and sneazed a head gasket between the cylinders.

I am 80% sure I can fix this engine by just pulling the head off hte side that is broken.

I am going to get a new battery for that side, (the other battery is holding a charge fine, go figure) and then run a compresion check on it. When I find the dead hole, I will look at it with a bore scope and see what I find.

These engines are still going to be for sale, but with as much interest as I had in them when they supposedly didn't run, I think the price might go up on them a little.

I owe it to myself to see how she runs with these monsters in her at least once.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very, very cool man! congrats!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have me wondering how I'll run with some blowers.....Get em going!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I was taking out the plugs to run a compresion test, and noticed that there was only 7 plugs in the engine. I wonder what happened to #5???

Coil wire was un plugged from distributor. Is there a chance that they missed something all that time ago???

Getting a fresh battery for it today.

Stay tuned......
Old 07-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The starboard engine fired off a few minutes ago like there was nothing wrong with it. After a few revs though it started popping and sputtering.

Guess I'll investigate some more tonight after I write some more files, and pay some more bills. Boat is starting to intruige me.

Stay tuned.

Had another offer come in on them today. After today though, I really want to run them and see what kind of nuts this boat has before I take it apart.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Progress has been made in the last 2 days. Interior is out. Old engines are out and sold. Need to finish the shipping crates. Bilge is getting cleaner by the day, and the list of the little parts needed for getting the bilge re rigged is getting a little longer. Starboard engine is on the test stand for final rigging and then test run. Upholstery is in the upholstery shop and the materials are all ready in so they can start sewing.

Keep the fingers crossed and a couple more weeks of days like the last few and there may be a running Nor Tech on the water.

They come apart so easy. Putting them back together is murder.
Attached Thumbnails New to me 380LE-cimg0006.jpg   New to me 380LE-cimg0008.jpg   New to me 380LE-cimg0011.jpg  

New to me 380LE-cimg0014.jpg   New to me 380LE-cimg0015.jpg  
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

And yes that oil filter is coming off the bottom. That is left over from the Dyno
Old 08-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Change of plans. #1 going in saturday morning hopefully.

Then I'll be working on fitting exhaust. I hope I can make it fit. And waiting on #2 to come from the machine shop.

Upholstery in the main cockpit is finished. I would have some pics, but my stupid camera phone doesn't work, and all my other camera's are missing in action.
Attached Thumbnails New to me 380LE-100_1273.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.