43 Nortech, Changed . No more Hopping >

43 Nortech, Changed . No more Hopping

Notices

43 Nortech, Changed . No more Hopping

Old 06-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cougarman
Why does everyone have a problem with Tres?

He has done nothing but give back to the boating community for years and has done it very tastfully.

For years always known as the go to guy with cigarette's too.

Tres is in business same as anyone else on here, and he just happens to be real good a figuring out the tricks of making a hull that much better than it already was.

You have the flip side too,......not every boater even drives there boat to it's true potential.

Other's don't even care.

And then the few that want the absolute most out of there hull and are willing to go to great length's to get it.

Boats are no different than cars,....plenty of builders,...plenty of tuner's. Not every builder is great at every aspect of there product.

Tres doesn't even have to take the time to share,...other hand it's nice to know who is capable and who has figured the quirks of any given product.

Never met the man,.......have talked to him in the past and always a stand up guy and always took the time even when super busy.

Just my take on it,........I think Nortech's are great,....also think Tres is an asset to our community.

Fountain's had Skater Build them
Cigarette had Skater Build them
Some time's there are just reason's that justify known limitations, not a big deal,....deep down we all want the best.

This thread was starting to look like an Apache Thread.

Jon

Although I don't know Tres, I have to agree... Nortech is a premium top shelf brand, just like Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.

Does that make them perfect in every respect? No. For those that want the absolute most out of their equipment there are tuners. Renntech, Ruf, etc. do the same for the top shelf cars.

Just my $.02
Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whos boat weer you working on if I may ask? I know of a 43 that has been trying to eliminate the hop issue
Old 06-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard some pretty negative things about the 39' Super Vee hull as well. One guy that I spoke with previously owned one and the other person worked for a high end competitor, so some of it is obviously bias. Anyway, they said it was not a good hull for higher speeds.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was it a guy that might have used old #5 drives on it by chance?
I don't know what you mean by high speed but I've driven the 39V from 106 - 118 and seemed ok to me.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."
Old 06-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
I've heard some pretty negative things about the 39' Super Vee hull as well. One guy that I spoke with previously owned one and the other person worked for a high end competitor, so some of it is obviously bias. Anyway, they said it was not a good hull for higher speeds.
It's called driver error, lack of knowledge of how to operate a boat properly...or just plain BS from the competitor...you'd better know what the hell your doing in certain water conditions in any boat..especially over 100mph.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

so much bs hearsay on this site. its just retarded. if people don't have any first hand knowledge or experience, don't freaking post you dopes.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dbhammer
so much bs hearsay on this site. its just retarded. if people don't have any first hand knowledge or experience, don't freaking post you dopes.

well put Jassman and dbhammer......
Old 06-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Although I don't know Tres, I have to agree... Nortech is a premium top shelf brand, just like Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.

Does that make them perfect in every respect? No. For those that want the absolute most out of their equipment there are tuners. Renntech, Ruf, etc. do the same for the top shelf cars.

Just my $.02
My porsche has a hop, anyone on here help with that????
Old 06-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cdowns
My porsche has a hop, anyone on here help with that????
here, hop on this!!
Attached Thumbnails 43 Nortech, Changed . No more Hopping-brooksie-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.