Another happy Nor-Tech owner >

Another happy Nor-Tech owner

Notices

Another happy Nor-Tech owner

Old 10-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Another happy Nor-Tech owner

2 months into ownership of my first Nor-Tech and the only thing wiping the smile off of my face is the fact that she's going into storage next week for the winter.

All I can say is "wow, what a fantastic boat!"

She's a 2005 4300V that I found on the classifieds here. Triple 525 EFI's, Bravo XR's with IMCO lowers, and 28p Maximus 5 blades.

She didn't come with a name, so we've settled on "Make Mine A Triple".

I bought her with 142 hours on the meters, and have put 10-12 more on since we took delivery (we do a lot of floating in the Niagara River and Eastern Lake Erie).

This boat turns heads like crazy, has more room than most boats in it's class that I have looked at, and handles like a dream.

We've had 7 adults and 3 kids on board, and there was plenty of room to move around.

The last time we were out, we hit 80.6MPH on the GPS at 4900RPM and there was plenty more. I'm sure we could get 90 in the right conditions, but I like to stay safe and reliable, so I doubt she'll ever get the chance. She cruises at 55-60MPH at 3400-3600 and cuts through Lake Erie waves like butter. It's my first experience with stepped hulls, and I can't believe how responsive this thing is.

She had a few minor bugs that are anticipated with buying a used boat, but we got those sorted out relatively easily.

Any way, just wanted to post up my extreme satisfaction with such a fantastic boat. I'm already counting the days to next Spring.

Cheers.

-Greg
Old 10-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

nice boat and top quality builder .
you need to store the boat down here in Florida for the winter and come down once or twice a month and enjoy the weekend and the N T
Old 10-13-2012, 11:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Crown
2 months into ownership of my first Nor-Tech and the only thing wiping the smile off of my face is the fact that she's going into storage next week for the winter.

She's a 2005 4300V that I found on the classifieds here. Triple 525 EFI's, Bravo XR's with IMCO lowers, and 28p Maximus 5 blades.

I bought her with 142 hours on the meters, and have put 10-12 more on since we took delivery (we do a lot of floating in the Niagara River and Eastern Lake Erie).

This boat turns heads like crazy, has more room than most boats in it's class that I have looked at, and handles like a dream.

We've had 7 adults and 3 kids on board, and there was plenty of room to move around.

The last time we were out, we hit 80.6MPH on the GPS at 4900RPM and there was plenty more. I'm sure we could get 90 in the right conditions, but I like to stay safe and reliable, so I doubt she'll ever get the chance. She cruises at 55-60MPH at 3400-3600 and cuts through Lake Erie waves like butter. It's my first experience with stepped hulls, and I can't believe how responsive this thing is.

She had a few minor bugs that are anticipated with buying a used boat, but we got those sorted out relatively easily.

Any way, just wanted to post up my extreme satisfaction with such a fantastic boat. I'm already counting the days to next Spring.

Cheers.

-Greg
Hello Greg. Congratulations on your Nor Tech and glad to hear you are lovin it. I see you are from Ft. Erie, ON. I was born there and spent the first 20 years of my life on the Niagara River. I'm on my third 50ft Nor Tech, have known Trond and Nils for 20 years and can say they build great boats and think highly of them and all the good people at Nor Tech.
All the best and I can envision your boat running at speed under the Peace Bridge and on up into Lake Erie.
Enjoy.

Bob Barnhart
Old 10-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers.

-Greg
Well I sure hope we get to see your new ride in the Buffalo poker run next August. It's a great combination of Niagara river and Lake Erie running finishing up in the city at Templeton landing.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Wrinkleface had a 43 with trip 525's believe he hit somewhere around 98.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
All the best and I can envision your boat running at speed under the Peace Bridge and on up into Lake Erie.
Enjoy.

Bob Barnhart
Thanks Bob. When did you leave town? We probably have a few friends in common.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
Wrinkleface had a 43 with trip 525's believe he hit somewhere around 98.
I wish!!!!! High 80's all day & 90 on a great day!!!! Congratz on your boat!!!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks Bob. When did you leave town? We probably have a few friends in common.
I left Ft Erie in 1968, worked in Sudbury and northern Ontario till 1980 when I settled in Waterloo. Built a pile of homes there over 25 years and now split my time between Waterloo and Marco Island, FL. I'm probably a bit or even quite a bit older than yourself I suspect. LOL My dad had Barnhart Plumbing and Heating and I actually apprenticed as a plumber in my late teens. My mom and dad are both gone so rarely get down to Ft Erie anymore other than passing over the Peace Bridge. Lots of great memories as a kid growing up there. That's my story. LOL

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 10-14-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats....I looked at the boat a few times in the classifieds but was too far to go see. I purchased another 05 43 NT down in FLorida a few months ago....twin 1150's tho
Old 10-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I thought that was a sick boat for sure and smoking deal! I saw this boat in person last year on Lake Erie at Port Dover.
Very impressive. The previous us owner was there with another 4300 V that twin staggered 700s. Lotta $$ there!

The one with 700s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.