Thanks,
Paul
Old 07-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mhale00 & Raylar Kit

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
Talked with him on Wednesday and he said they currently have 50 sets on the shelf?

(No that doesn't mean I ordered two )
50 sets on the shelf since late june, Wondering why it took til mid july to get mine and the heads had to come from Roush. .....Makes ya wonder...
More to follow
Hopefully results as well
Old 07-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Registered

Keep us posted....................
Old 10-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

Here's the Deal,
Yes I had a Raylar kit installed. I Paid for the kit on April 15th. Ray had said the kits were a couple weeks out. No prob. 1 week to have the guys install. Plenty of time to have it for the summer.
Mid May, No kit yet. I was told, the heads had to go back to Roush because they didnt meet specs. but all the other parts were in, and The heads would ship direct to Absolute.
Mid June. Still no kit. At this point I was told the heads were in but some other parts the came from California were not in. (huh, thought the kits were in except for the heads)
Begining of July(10 weeks at this point).Absolute recieved 2 kits, Unfortunatly, I am third in line( but wait, I think I read that there were 50 kits on the shelf?)Ok lets wait at the front of the line now.
July 6. Still no kit, but They expect it any day and I have an appointment to take it in. I drop it off July 11th to start the install. Everything goes as planed. I have them install Dual ram imco steering as well.
July 22. Drive back to havasu to pick up the boat. They are finishing the install and have it ready as the sun sets, So I didn't get a chance to take it out and test it. We ran it at the shop and it fired right up. Sounds good! I head back home to vegas since I need to be at a poker run in the morning. I dropped it in the water, running a 28 prop on it. I was told I should be able to push it.
Nice out of the hole, 7-8 sec. to plane
There was a definatly mid range improvement
But what does everybody want.....Top Speed!
Before Raylar..64 +/- mph/gps@ 5200 rpm w/24 pitch
After Raylar....67 mph/gps @ 5100 rpm w/ 26 pitch
I ran it for 1 day with the 28 prop and had the same top speed but lower Rpms
After calling and Letting all concerned I was not happy with the results, I was told something was defintly not right and get it back in.
August was out. Way to much goinmg on and its a 2.5 hr. drive to get it back to Havasu.
Sept was out as we have to much going on as well. I just got back this morning, From dropping it off and hopefully It will get fixed.
I would just like to add.. Arron and Cherl @ absolute were very nice to deal with. I don't think any of these problems were any fault of theirs. They put up with my phone calls, Which at times were less than pleasant. Arron works his A$$ off to get people back on the water fast and I would reccommmend he and his crew any time.
I will be posting next week, after I get the boat back and run it. What ever the results are..good or bad...they will be posted.
Please feel free to IM me if there are questions anyone might have or post and I will get back to you.
Mhale00
Old 10-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Mark....
Definitely keep us posted.
Sorry we didn't get to hook up at Mead due to the cancellation
That was a bum deal for a lot of people
Dave
Old 10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

Yeah, I was looking forward to it. Were you down here last weekend. I pasted a guy in henderson, with Utah plates towing a 35 flame
Old 10-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

Thanks for your honest feedback. Good luck going forward.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the little I've looked, the kit seems to be heads, Cams & exhaust. Is there something more? Is that what the $18600 price included? H beam rods make Zero power, Forged Cranks make Zero power. Both increase reliability. Don't 496HO's have a forged Crank & Pistons? They probably have a dimple style rod. From What I see, This kit should make 75 HP, not 200 as stated above. MHales numbers seem to be better in line for this combo.

For $12K you can build a 572 motor that will make 650HP with ease. Add 3K for CMI, Done.

I do not like at all the piggy back ECM issue. ECM's are monitoring all parameters of engines. To Fake out a ECM and tell it something else is happening is just wrong.

I'm Sorry, I do not see this as any good option. About the only thing I agree with is it is Blue valve covers, which do not make any power as well.

I'm generally not negitive, but I would not recomend this as a 600HP option.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

The kit I purchased was to take a 496 to a 525.I am assuming a 100 hp increase. The ad says 14 mph increase, which I question. of course not all boats will achieve this as there are many factors involved. but 4 mph is a far cry from 14. hell, I would have settled for 8-10. I don't want to get ahead of myself. As stated. I will post the results next week. I am going to pick the boat up Thur. and run it. I will be on lake mead Sat. if anyone wants to join me
Mhale00

Quick Reply: Mhale00 & Raylar Kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.