Mhale00 & Raylar Kit

Notices

Mhale00 & Raylar Kit

Old 10-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Mhale00 & Raylar Kit

I'd love to take a ride out there but I don't think that would be possible

However, I bet INDY (speed police guy ) would love to go for a quick spin!!! What do you think Steve???
Old 10-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually the weather here has been awesome for Fall...Monday looks good too 65-68 partly sunny
Old 10-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 876 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
However, I bet INDY (speed police guy ) would love to go for a quick spin!!! What do you think Steve???

Boat...what's that? It's been so long since I've owned one, I forgot there was even a thing called water LOL!!

Monday's been booked for a while, but 80 out of a 525 is pretty fast That's 13 mph faster than my Heat with just an additional 100 hp...hmmm, must be the special Orval edition

BTW...Linster, I'm not offended, I don't even own a stinking boat at this time it just seemed a bit harsh. But I can understand yours and Dave's frustrations when trying to increase the hp out of an engine that wasn't designed for it.

Anyway, this is an optimistic board with 80 out of a 525 and 1 mph increase out of 12 hp...the glass seems half full these days!! I can't wait to get my new boat and take advantage of all these super performance advances in the past couple of years, and to think I thought the boating industry was full of crooks, liars, and incompetent morons
Old 10-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Coming out next week but not to Baltimore this time. Actually flying into Richmond, VA??? (never been there)
Quick trip anyway
Dave
Bummer Dave...Richmond is a bit far, too bad because I have some time between careers starting this Friday
Old 10-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Anyway, this is an optimistic board with 80 out of a 525 and 1 mph increase out of 12 hp...the glass seems half full these days!! I can't wait to get my new boat and take advantage of all these super performance advances in the past couple of years, and to think I thought the boating industry was full of crooks, liars, and incompetent morons
Hey sorry to say it is what it is.......I know you think 80 is very optimistic but thats what he is getting on the GPS Speedo and the GARMIN 182C....unless they are both not working properly....As I said earlier.....come visit and go for a ride.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

LIOPA, I could just be out of touch with the Nordic product line...did they make any significant changes to their laminiation process, hull design, or anything else that might account for better performance since my 2000 Heat? I'm reasonably sure that if you would have dropped a 525 in my 28 it might have achieved 74 or so. The people I knew with the same year 28s with 500EFIs were getting about 72 out of their top ends. Magazine articles around the same period came up with similar results for the 496HO and 500EFI...67 and 72 respectively. Also, a friend of Dave's and mine had the boat that was popped from the mold just before mine and he had 575 power and got 78 if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong Dave).
Old 10-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LIOPA
Hey sorry to say it is what it is.......I know you think 80 is very optimistic but thats what he is getting on the GPS Speedo and the GARMIN 182C....unless they are both not working properly....As I said earlier.....come visit and go for a ride.
LIOPA,
Just a quick question...
Have you actually been on that boat and seen those numbers yourself or is this customer feedback?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
LIOPA, I could just be out of touch with the Nordic product line...did they make any significant changes to their laminiation process, hull design, or anything else that might account for better performance since my 2000 Heat? I'm reasonably sure that if you would have dropped a 525 in my 28 it might have achieved 74 or so. The people I knew with the same year 28s with 500EFIs were getting about 72 out of their top ends. Magazine articles around the same period came up with similar results for the 496HO and 500EFI...67 and 72 respectively. Also, a friend of Dave's and mine had the boat that was popped from the mold just before mine and he had 575 power and got 78 if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong Dave).
That was Toby's (Steve Zuckerman's now and your original order ;o)
78 was a best ever for Toby and 74-76 was the norm with a labbed 30. Steve Z can confirm these numbers.

I would be curious about rpm/prop set up on the 525EFI. I can tell you that a stock 28 Bravo at 5672rpm in optimum water is 81.1. The 525EFI rev limiter is at 5350 in the ECU so it would take a stock 30 on the rev limiter to duplicate an 80+ number.

Anything is possible I suppose but I would need to see it for myself
Guess I'm stubborn that way
Good bench racing though

Later,
Dave
Old 10-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Registered

LIOPA,
Just a quick question...
Have you actually been on that boat and seen those numbers yourself or is this customer feedback?

Thanks,
Dave
HI...Yes of course I have been on the boat and have seen it myself as well as driven the boat. We went through this with the 35 with 525's 93.7 legit on GPS and everyone questioned that as well. Thought we juiced the motors but were bone stock. Thats why I invited any of you to come out and see for yourselves. I am not a BS'er and do not post jacked up stats on here.

Paul
Old 10-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was Toby's (Steve Zuckerman's now and your original order ;o)
78 was a best ever for Toby and 74-76 was the norm with a labbed 30. Steve Z can confirm these numbers.

I would be curious about rpm/prop set up on the 525EFI. I can tell you that a stock 28 Bravo at 5672rpm in optimum water is 81.1. The 525EFI rev limiter is at 5350 in the ECU so it would take a stock 30 on the rev limiter to duplicate an 80+ number.

Anything is possible I suppose but I would need to see it for myself
Guess I'm stubborn that way
Good bench racing though

Later,
Dave
Dave:
You are correct. The boat ran a best of 76GPS with 30" labbed Bravo when I bought.
Regards,
Steve

Quick Reply: Mhale00 & Raylar Kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.