Newbie heat owner >

Newbie heat owner

Notices

Newbie heat owner

Old 07-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie heat owner

I've owned my 04 heat mid cuddy for 1.5 months now and i love it (66 gps).The 496 ho just isn't enough for me so i'm looking at a whipple or pro-charger. Does anybody have this setup on thier heat and what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Newbie heat owner-s-boat-2.jpg   Newbie heat owner-jasons-boat.jpg  
Old 07-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Registered

Default Re: Newbie heat owner

Great looking heat. I would also like to upgrade my 502mpi someday. I run 62 GPS with a non step hull.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Registered

I also just picked up my heat back in may so Far I have 60 Hours on her with no Problems...I am hitting about 65 MPH GPS up here on the Mississippi River.....I also have the 496MAg HO and my plans are to add the Raylar kit this winter it will add 100 HP to your stock power

Check them out at www.raylarengine.com
Old 07-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

The raylar might be an option for me also. Is anybody going to the lake of the ozark shootout? Where do you guys do most of your boating? I'm in the Kansas area and i go to the MO,OK and AR lakes.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Registered

RAYLAR..is your best bet

BTW...when is the Ozark Shootout???

or is there a link with more info ???
Old 07-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,
Welcome to the Nordic forum. You will find a wealth of knowledge here from your fellow Nordic owners.
In terms of bang for the buck, it will be hard to beat a small Whipple supercharger (2.2 litre) and intercooler system. The raylar stuff looks good too, but just doesn't deliver as many ponies, and these boats like HP.
As an example, a fellow here with 288 Sunsation and a 496HO was also running 65/66. He just installed a small whipple (you don't want or need a lot of boost on the 496s as the components are cast) and is now running 78/79 reliably.
I think his final HP#s worked out to 623.
That's huge in my opinion. Another advantage to the Whipple system is that it's very low profile, and you won't have to reengineer your engine hatch. I'm running the Whipple low profile intercooler/intake on my HP575, it is one slick piece and it works.
I just looked at the Whipple website www.whipplesuperchargers.com and it looks like they have introduced some naturally aspirated mods for the 496/8.1s too.
I have been down the Procharger road myself, and wouldn't send you there. Their EFI applications leave a LOT to be desired.
You may have heard that Whipple is having supply issues from Lysholm, their supercharger OEM. They are, but mostly related to the new, larger 3.3 version being used by Mercury, and Ford. I think Dustin still has 2.2s.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 07-29-2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to see this forum is still alive
Where's everyone been???

Welcome and enjoy your Heat. Didn't take you long to want to go faster

If you supercharge with either change out the pistons. Some have had good success without this but many have failed also. The rings are very close to the top of the piston and give way pretty readily with any malfunction.

Whipple by far makes the best kits for add on stuff. I personally like centrifigals for custom setups though. They rock!!

I'm looking at Raylar pretty closely myself

Enjoy the good info here. Several of us have made our Heats run pretty fast.

Dave
Old 07-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Registered

I put a Procharger on my 496 Mag (not HO) 3.5# boost and pickup 10 -13 mph (depending on conditions) with my Heat. I've got about 50 hrs on that setup with no problems so far.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Registered

WOW you guys are giving out some good info. Thanks
Old 07-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Warrior....what kind of GPS speed were you getting with the stock 496 and since the supercharger? My 28 had a 496 in it for a while and would run 60-61 at best. With a 600 HP 540 it ran mid 70's. It now has a Whipple and runs mid 80's.

Quick Reply: Newbie heat owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.