I'm a believer! >

I'm a believer!

Notices

I'm a believer!

Old 10-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm a believer!

OK...just walked in the door from testing my 28 Heat after adding a 1" drive spacer. Why in h$ll don't they set the "X" dimension like this from the factory! It now holds a solid plane at 30 MPH @ 2200 RPM. Before it was at least 35 to hold a good plane. I lowered my cruise RPM by 200+ RPM at 40, 50 and 60 MPH. And best of all, top end increased over 3 MPH at the same WOT RPM! Unbelievable. I ran the boat last weekend right here at my house. The inlet air temp was 115 degrees(on the computer) and about a 6 inch chop on the lake. It ran 83.6 GPS with the bow cover installed. Today it was 4 degrees cooler and the lake was glass...not one ripple. It ran 86.8 and that was without the bow cover installed(which is usually worth 1-2 MPH). The boat gets noticably higher out of the water with trim. FYI..I'm running a 555 CID engine with EFI & a Whipple at 5 PSI boost(Approximately 750 HP). It has an ITS drive package and Hydromotive 29" P5X. Now I will send the prop to Julie and see what she can do with it. Then we'll bump up the timing and boost! I'm thinking 90 won't be too difficult with cooler weather, even without raising the boost.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts
Default Re: I'm a believer!

I believe it. My heat threw out a small rooster, I think there was a very slight surface piercing effect.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear it! Bye the way. I am going to be down your way next month. My sister lives is spicewood. and I am going to visit. I would love to stop bye the shop and B.S. in you don't mind
Marc
Old 10-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Registered

Bent told me you had a sister here. Small world! I'd love to get together while you're here. I'll be out of town the first week of November(at the SEMA show), but other than that I'm here. Give me a call some time. 830 6935591
Bob
Old 10-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Registered

So Bob lets install a 2 inch spacer on mine and just forget the Raylar ...LMAO..........

Lets see 1inch spacer gets you 3 MPH

2 Inch spacer =6MPH

3 Inch Spacer = 9MPH

4 Inch = 12MPH

I am thinking a 4 inch spacer for mine LMAO
Old 10-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Registered

Is just for the stepped hull boats or is this for all Nordics. Just curious my is a 99 pre step hull.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Registered

I don't know about the pre stepped version. You just have to experiment and see if it does any good. Calculate your prop slip. If it's 17% or more then it's a good bet the spacer will help. My slip was running 17-18% with a 5 blade P5X(21% with a Bravo 1). The spacer brought it down to 15%.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob how much was the one inch spacer? What need to to be changed to add one?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitro:
Check with Trick Marine. He's got great pricing.
Bob:
Very interesting test and results. Glad it worked. Have you ever asked Lonnie how they came up with their X dimension for the step hull Heat? It's such a radical departure from 1999 and older set up, you have to wonder what they were thinking.
Surely they did some testing that led them to believe that the high XD on the step hulls was working (even though it doesn't)?
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 10-30-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Nito:
Check with Trick Marine. He's got great pricing.
Bob:
Very interesting test and results. Glad it worked. Have you ever asked Lonnie how they came up with their X dimension for the step hull Heat? It's such a radical departure from 1999 and older set up, you have to wonder what they were thinking.
Surely they did some testing that led them to believe that the high XD on the step hulls was working (even though it doesn't)?
Regards,
Steve
EXACTLY........We request it lower for all our 28 builds ... it works.....glad you saw positive results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.