Stereo in 35

Notices

Stereo in 35

Old 03-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stereo in 35

Please post all the pictures on where you put the speakers, amps, etc. I am upgrading and looking for ideas, Thanks for the help
Old 03-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Stereo in 35

Hey Linnie,
I'll try and shoot some pics but for the amps I'd have to say I found a good home. In the closet I built a sub-floor that looks OEM. The grey carpet and all. There is a perfect ridge around the bottom for doing this. They go underneath this floor and mount to the white fiberglass floor. I put a couple vent holes and it houses two fairly large Alpine amps. The wiring is very convienent and out of sight. They stay very cool and more importantly very dry.
Out of sight; out of mind.
Speakers have many options and many personal preferences.
I personally put Infinity Kappa 6 X 9s in the front panels. One below the dash and the other between the steps on the passenger side. Then 5-1/2 Kappas in the existing holes behind the bolsters. I had built two seperate 10" sub boxes that I am able to drop into the rear seat and push out to the sides leaving me some ample storage and access in the middle of the seat. I just mounted white marine sub grilles on the seat base.

I won't win any stereo contest but it plays very clean and loud enough for me

Dave
Old 03-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Dave,
I tore out the sub cabinet Gary had installed in the boat. He had it on the passenger side under the rear seat. It had a 12" Eclipse sub it it. I also took out the (2) 6.5" he had installed in each side of the center of the floor light facing the cabin. Close to the sides, facing the cabin, there were two white horns, one went into the Sub box that was there and one was on the opposite side of the seat. The 12" was facing sideways through the bench seat. I put so much junk there it was getting muffled some. I wanted to gain the space back.

I bought (2) JL Audio 10" subs M101B5 that are free air. I am going to install them where the 6.5" came out, they will be on each side of the light and face to the cabin. I am going to hook them up to a JL Audio e1400m D amp the will put out 400 watts.

I am gong to install a pair of JL M770 7.7" component speakers under the seat, at each end in the holes where the white horns came out. No new holes, just a little larger ones. I am also going to install a pair of M770's where the 6.5" came out up high, right behind the bolster seats. I may wait till Aug for the coax to become avalible.

I can fit some 6.5" by the cup holders on the sides by the bolsters, They would be high. I have a friend cming by to look at where else we can find befor I drill any holes.

Will post some pictures next week. Lotti is coming over Sat with his boat and I am going to look at his. I thinks he has 12 speakers installed.

Any one wanting the 12" Eclipse sub let me know. It sells for $629 new on Ebay, You can get a steal on this.

Any other pictures please post. Thanks
Old 03-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Linster-

I am interested to see how this shakes out as well.

I have a 28' Heat and am strapping the amps within the cut out for the cooler (to the exterior side of where the cooler sits). This allows me to RCA straight up to the deck and run the wires to the rear down the driver side. From there, I will have (4) 6.5" co-ax speakers beneath the bench seat facing the cabin (am adding 2 to either side of the light + 2 exist) - these will be MB Quart NKD116.

My only dilemma is the subs. Right now, I am thinking of strapping (2) 6" bazooka tubes to either side under the bench seat. I think this will be ok however, I worry about them being muffled.

I am trying to avoid cutting where my interior colors are however, am thinking it would be nice to have a 6.5 near the bolsters somehow...

Last edited by Ca$hed Out; 03-17-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Hey, no problem, Got everything delievered on Thrusday. We are going to start putting it in later this week. Will let you know when if you want to come by. I saw your boat over at Dave's last week. He has my drives now going throught them.

PM me your number & I will call you when we install.

LLH
Old 04-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Got the stereo in yesterday thanks to James & Mike. Sounds awsome, will get some pictures after I clean up the boat. What a mess, but well worth it.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Here's some installed pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Stereo in 35-dsc00724.jpg   Stereo in 35-speakers-seat.jpg   Stereo in 35-seat-speakers.jpg  

Old 04-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

A few more
Attached Thumbnails Stereo in 35-cabin-speakers.jpg   Stereo in 35-side-cabin.jpg   Stereo in 35-side-speakers.jpg  

Old 04-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Mono Blade for Engine
Attached Thumbnails Stereo in 35-500-mono.jpg  
Old 04-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

This Stereo kicks!!!!

Quick Reply: Stereo in 35

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.