Heat projects for the down season >

Heat projects for the down season

Notices

Heat projects for the down season

Old 02-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

getting close .........................
and there's another one....................
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Heat projects for the down season-boat-pics-035.jpg   Heat projects for the down season-boat-pics-036.jpg   Heat projects for the down season-boat-pics-034.jpg  

Old 02-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Steve,
Looking good. Wish you all the best with the updated powerplant. Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Eddie
Old 02-15-2007, 09:18 AM
sandman
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to Nashville this weekend

I'm going up to goodlettsville (next to Nashville) this wkend so my brother can powdercoat my valve covers. He already did my flame arrestors so I can bring everything back with me Monday. I'll be driving my 1 ton. so if anyone needs hauling done, let me know. (Raleigh NC-Nashville TN)

Last edited by sandcraft; 02-01-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Steve,
Looking good. Wish you all the best with the updated powerplant. Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Eddie
Thanks Eddie,
We will have it on the dyno as soon as the weather warms up. Eric thinks (and I agree) the cold water in their water reservoir may make tuning the fuel curve difficult, since summer temps here are way warmer. Probably best to have the temp sensors nearer to normal operating conditions.
I remember when we put the intercooler on it a couple of years ago in December, it was acting cold natured (at idle)until we put the idle water pressure cutoff valve on.
Regards,
Steve
Old 02-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sandcraft
I'm going up to goodlettsville (next to Nashville) this wkend so my brother can powdercoat my valve covers. He already did my flame arrestors so I can bring everything back with me Monday. I'll be driving my 1 ton. so if anyone needs hauling done, let me know. (Raleigh NC-Nashville TN)
Casey,
Great looking motors man ........I would hook up with you guys , but I have a trade show in Atlanta this weekend.
Have a safe trip. You're brother sounds like a great mechanic.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 02-15-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:45 PM
sandman
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heat project

Hey Steve, how many hours were on your motor when you freshened it? What did the bearings look like and what type of oil and oil change intervals?.......Casey

PS what type of sea strainer is mounted on the back of your motor? I cant wait to step on deck for a ride!

Last edited by sandcraft; 02-15-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sandcraft
Hey Steve, how many hours were on your motor when you freshened it? What did the bearings look like and what type of oil and oil change intervals?.......Casey

PS what type of sea strainer is mounted on the back of your motor? I cant wait to step on deck for a ride!
Casey,
125 hours the 1st time, bearings and rings were good. The head gaskets were not. For some reason Mercury uses the GM gray graphite type head gaskets even on their blue motors, and they looked pretty bad. This time at @ 395 hours, bearings were fine, gaskets OK (Fel-Pros), some wear on the rings and cylinders, easily honed out. Going back with even better parts (Cometic) this time, so I have my fingers crossed .
For engine oil, I used Royal Purple 20W50 for years, but switched to Amsoil in 2006. I change everything (engine/drive/blower) @ 25 hours.
The strainer is a Teague, has a hairline crack on the lid, but it's been OK other than that. You're up for a ride after we finish up. Probably another month to go.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 02-15-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One word on head gaskets, blowers and aluminum heads....
COMETIC

Sounds like alls going well!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Steve,
I didn't think you were dynoing it. If you are, there is no reason that you can't get it to operating temp. If you are going to just tune it in the boat, then I would wait until it warms up, unless Eric knows how to tune around the cold temps.
Like I said before, if I can help you, don't hesitate to call. See ya, Eddie
Old 02-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered

Eddie,
We are going to dyno it. I think we can get a good fuel curve on the dyno, and maybe do a final tweak on the water. It will also help me re-prop the boat to know what RPM to shoot for.
I am also curious to see what kind of HP and torque this combination will produce.
We won't hesitate to call you if we stub our toes ....
Thanks for the offer !
Steve

Quick Reply: Heat projects for the down season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.