Speed of 28 Heat with 496 HO

Notices

Speed of 28 Heat with 496 HO

Old 12-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Speed of 28 Heat with 496 HO

Ian,
A. I love my Heat. I looked at several other competitive boats in this size range before buying mine. I looked at 28' Sunsation, a 29' Fountain, and a 27' Warbox (Warlock).
They were all nice boats, but none of them had the best combination of looks, performance, cabin space, and rough water ride that the Heat does. Bang for the buck, these are the best boats, IMHO, in this size range.
B. There are now 6 Heats in the Nashville area. Only one has the corner exhaust (one of Nordic Gary's customers). To my knowledge this hasn't been as issue for them.
FYI,
Steve
Old 12-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Ian,
A. I love my Heat. I looked at several other competitive boats in this size range before buying mine. I looked at 28' Sunsation, a 29' Fountain, and a 27' Warbox (Warlock).
They were all nice boats, but none of them had the best combination of looks, performance, cabin space, and rough water ride that the Heat does. Bang for the buck, these are the best boats, IMHO, in this size range.
B. There are now 6 Heats in the Nashville area. Only one has the corner exhaust (one of Nordic Gary's customers). To my knowledge this hasn't been as issue for them.
FYI,
Steve
Steve:

Thanks for the info. Is the rear exit louder than the corner exit? Neither will have capt call. Also, I know the corner exit sits right at the water line at idle and muffles the sound. Where does the rear exit sit at idle? Higher than the water line or about the same? Thanks.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a personal thing but I think the side exhaust sounds a bit strange...Kind of loses that big block cadence.
Again, that's just me.
Dave
Old 12-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by imartin
Steve:

Thanks for the info. Is the rear exit louder than the corner exit? Neither will have capt call. Also, I know the corner exit sits right at the water line at idle and muffles the sound. Where does the rear exit sit at idle? Higher than the water line or about the same? Thanks.
Ian,
Here is a picture of my engine compartment and transom.
As you can see, my headers have a lot of drop on them, I assume to clear the swim platform. My transom is really tight with hydraulic steering, tabs, and exhaust.
My pipes come out right at the water line. With full tanks they are 50/60% submerged. Light fuel they are above the surface.
It's OK by me. Sounds nice and deep, and not obnoxiously loud. As these boats are all custom, the factory can do pretty much whatever you and your dealer work out.
There is an older Heat (97?) in town with a 525SC, straight pipes. It sounds great, but man is it loud.
Regards,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Speed of 28 Heat with 496 HO-tabs-install-003.jpg   Speed of 28 Heat with 496 HO-hill.jpg   Speed of 28 Heat with 496 HO-575sci.jpg  

Old 12-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Registered

Here's picture of our friend's new (06?) Heat with corner exhaust. Sounds great to me for a stock 496HO with headers.
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Speed of 28 Heat with 496 HO-boat-pics-027-small-.jpg   Speed of 28 Heat with 496 HO-img_0805-small-.jpg  
Old 12-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man with all these Nordic`s around I am thinking we need to put a Nordic get togther on a Lake thats within distance for everyone.........I know 4 or 5 of us that will be on Table rock in july.........Table Rock is 650 Miles away from my House.......
I would be willing to put something together up at my cabin on the Mississippi only problem with that is the distance
Old 12-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Registered

As this thread pics up some posts, I wanted to be sure to tell everyone thank you for taking the time t o read and respond to my many questions. Great group of folks in this folder. Ofcourse OSO is a cool site too......Thanks all....
Old 12-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Speed of 28 Heat with 496 HO

Originally Posted by imartin
Steve:

Hey Ian,

Yes it is the G-SPOT well it was. Now I'm an INSTIGATOR, not sure were that came from!!LOL
My exhaust comes straight out the back, I think it sound better than the corner exhaust. It is also quieter than the corner exhaust. When I'm at a stop my pipes are completely under water and I have had no problems. Hope this helps. I know you do a lot of research when you are buying but I know you will be very happy with a NORDIC.

Brian
Old 12-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TX_Instigator
Hey Ian,

Yes it is the G-SPOT well it was. Now I'm an INSTIGATOR, not sure were that came from!!LOL
My exhaust comes straight out the back, I think it sound better than the corner exhaust. It is also quieter than the corner exhaust. When I'm at a stop my pipes are completely under water and I have had no problems. Hope this helps. I know you do a lot of research when you are buying but I know you will be very happy with a NORDIC.

Brian
Good to hear from you Brian. Ya, I guess it is no secret that I am not an impulse buyer. Sounds like your exhaust is like that of a MasterCraft. I really need to see a 28 Closed bow in person. Pictures can only show so much. May have to go all the way to Havasu to do that. I'll tack that on to a Vegas trip. Seem to be a lot of happy Nordic owners out there. Thanks. Ian
Old 12-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If your local dealer has not received their 2007's yet, we currently have all models in stock from 25 through 35. Two 28's, one open and one closed.

Feel free to come up and take a look (still encourage you to support your local dealer).

Nordic makes an awesome product, nothing else like it.

NG