Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
the initial #s are in >

the initial #s are in

Notices

the initial #s are in

Old 03-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Steve, Any updates on your milkshake? I'm going to Erics tonite to check my gears. Call if you need anything. Ken
Old 03-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's supposed to handle 800 but the most I've tried is 600. I'm affraid it would be pretty hard on the drive since you have to open the throttle all the way and load it down to whatever RPM you want to start the test. That's a lot more load than it would ever see in the boat.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kennyo
Steve, Any updates on your milkshake? I'm going to Erics tonite to check my gears. Call if you need anything. Ken
Ken,
Didn't hurt anything. Fortunately caught it in time. We're going to beef up a few things and back off on the boost.
Thanks for letting me borrow your prop. I may need to try it again when I'm back together.
Regards,
Steve
Old 03-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Ken,
Didn't hurt anything. Fortunately caught it in time. We're going to beef up a few things and back off on the boost.
Thanks for letting me borrow your prop. I may need to try it again when I'm back together.
Regards,
Steve
If that was me or Butch we probably would have just gave it more gas!! I'm going round with ATI trying to get my ProCharger back before Easter. Those guys suck customer service wise! Whoever is running we'll ride together, Peace out.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Ken,
Regards,
Steve
What's the scoop on this Steve?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

Hi Bob,
I always try to keep an eye on things, particularly a new motor. I checked the motor Saturday afternoon, and there was some oil blowing out of the dipstick. Pulled the dipstick, and there was some water in it. I just idled it back in. The motor is fine. Gaskets are OK. I think I lifted the heads from too much cylinder pressure (higher compression and boost). Eric's doing some upgrades and we're backing down on the boost.
And Eric's been on my ass about the nitro methane in the fuel too .............I was having a drag racing deja vu!
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 03-27-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered

Talking

Eric's trying to keep you out of the 100mph club! Or he's probably trying to keep The Mayor from blowing out of the boat!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Steve,
I talked with EB a few days ago and he told me what was going on. I told him that it sounded like to much water pressure to me. Now, I didn't see it, so its just an educated guess based on what he told me about it. If it only pushed out the gasket around the water passage and not the fire ring, then it's not to much cylinder or boost pressure. If you don't have a water pressure gauge, get one temporarily to test. If you have one, watch it closely. I've seen it more times than I care to remember, especially with Fel-Pro head gaskets. Give me a shout if I can help you guys in any way. See ya, Eddie.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Steve,
I talked with EB a few days ago and he told me what was going on. I told him that it sounded like to much water pressure to me. Now, I didn't see it, so its just an educated guess based on what he told me about it. If it only pushed out the gasket around the water passage and not the fire ring, then it's not to much cylinder or boost pressure. If you don't have a water pressure gauge, get one temporarily to test. If you have one, watch it closely. I've seen it more times than I care to remember, especially with Fel-Pro head gaskets. Give me a shout if I can help you guys in any way. See ya, Eddie.
Hi Eddie,
Thanks for consulting with Eric on this. He told me you called and I appreciate that. I do have water pressure and more gauges than I can easily monitor. When I had it out last, the pressure seemed normal (25/30ish) PSI WOT. The only way it could have gone up is a fresh housing and impeller and 500 more RPM. We haven't change anything else. We are feeding the intercooler off the Merc single stage pump, which lowers the water pressure about 10 PSI, to the above #s. I do not have a WP gauge on it (the intercooler), but the outlet is on the drivers side, and it's spraying like a garden hose, which is normal.
There is one water pressure possiblilty I hadn't considered. Since the boat is easily 7/8 MPH faster than before, it is ramming more water into the Imco LWP drive. I will keep an eye on it. What kind of pressure do you recommend on applications like mine?
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 04-05-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered

FYI. I always run water and fuel pressure gauges and watch them closely while running. I consider these the most important to monitor in a SC application. You can recognize a lot of problems before any damage is done. I can't count the number of times I've had issues that showed up as low water or fuel pressure that could have been catastrophic. The pressure definitely continues to rise as speed increases. Mine runs fairly low until I get up to around 70. Then it gets up to around 20. Water pressure very well may be your culprit.

Bob

Quick Reply: the initial #s are in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.