the initial #s are in

Notices

the initial #s are in

Old 05-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Well........we have the excess water pressure problem under control (down to 32 PSI). It was pegging the needle to the backside of the zero post.......
Fortunately, it's running well again (93 with a light load), and with several upgrades
(supercharger, cooling system, drive, drive shower, studs, gaskets, fuel pump) it should be back to RELIABLE , like the good old days!
Pickwick here we come ................
Are you coming with us? We're going to make a scene .
Steve
Can't, lost all my money in Vegas. I'll be floating about 20 yards off the boat ramp!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
Can't, lost all my money in Vegas. I'll be floating about 20 yards off the boat ramp!
Paddle bit3h!!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kennyo
KennyO,
That's why they call it Lost Wages ...................
I lost a little a Churchill Downs yesterday, but it's OK because there were some cute filly's there .
Steve
Old 05-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jonyb
Wow.... That's pretty impressive Steve!!
Thanks JonyB. We're getting there .............
Steve
Old 05-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered

I finally got to run the boat fairly light (3/8 tank/1/4 tank/1 person) today with a borrowed 32" Bravo1 Merc lab. The boat ran just over 94 on the analog Gaffrig (GPS) speedometer, and 94.5 on the Garmin 172C, @ 5700.
Conditions were good except for gusty winds making drivng a little interesting ............reminded me of my Allison days .
Regards,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails the initial #s are in-boat-pics-049.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 05-21-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve, I was thinking that my 29 P5X may not be enough for my boat now and that you may be interested in it. I dyno'd my engine yesterday and got 923 HP. That's 150 more than what I was running last summer, Spinning the 29 at 5550 at 86-87 MPH. Of course once the hot weather hits, you will lose a little speed, so the 29 may be just perfect. I should know in a few days. Engine is going in the boat today.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
Steve, I was thinking that my 29 P5X may not be enough for my boat now and that you may be interested in it. I dyno'd my engine yesterday and got 923 HP. That's 150 more than what I was running last summer, Spinning the 29 at 5550 at 86-87 MPH. Of course once the hot weather hits, you will lose a little speed, so the 29 may be just perfect. I should know in a few days. Engine is going in the boat today.
Bob,
Wow, those are some killer #s. I was wondering how your new set up was coming. I ran old reliable yesterday (my 28P5-X), and it ran just over 90 @ 5850 with 4 adults and full tanks/cooler/porta potty/etc., so I think that's going to be hard to beat. But I sure would like to test your 29" too.
Why don't you bring it to the Jamboree and I'll see how it works?
Let us know how your testing goes! Our formula says you'll see another 9 MPH ............
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 05-20-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did finally get my boat going. Just in time for Memorial day. It ran great all weekend, but didn't get time to really run it hard and tune it. I made one WOT pass and got it up to 91.4 on the GPS. It was still climbing slightly when I backed out of it. This was on glass slick water, 85 degrees and rainy, 80 gallons of fuel and 3 people on board. Last year under those conditions it would have run 83-84 at best, so that's about where I expected it to be.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

I did finally get my boat going. Just in time for Memorial day. It ran great all weekend, but didn't get time to really run it hard and tune it. I made one WOT pass and got it up to 91.4 on the GPS. It was still climbing slightly when I backed out of it. This was on glass slick water, 85 degrees and rainy, 80 gallons of fuel and 3 people on board. Last year under those conditions it would have run 83-84 at best, so that's about where I expected it to be.
Bob,
Great #s for the conditions ! Sounds like there's plenty left. What prop were you running? See you at the Jamboree!
Regards,
Steve
Old 05-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob , was the 150hp increase just do to the JV head work or was there other mods as well that contributed?

Quick Reply: the initial #s are in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.