Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
New Rage owner >

New Rage owner

Notices

New Rage owner

Old 07-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what you mean by "max trim". I ran a Wellcraft Nova prior to the Nordic and that took TRIM. On my Rage, I have have the trim indicator set so that it moves the instant I start trimming up. With that, I find my best top end just above the center trim mark. It will go a bit higher before the prop starts losing its hold, but I don't pick up that much more speed. I'm sure this depends on prop, drive height, etc. I'm pretty much stock, 496HO, X Drive, 26P labbed. My POV, it likes trim, but not to the same degree as the classic style hulls like Bajas or Checkmates.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Registered

Can someone give me some recommendations for hyd steering on a Rage. I will probably have to go with a single ram and maybe a stabilizer.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BC,
If you are running mid 80s, with expectation of 90, you definetly need dual ram full hydraulic.
It will make your boat much easier to drive as well as being safer. If you want to do it in stages, you can go dual ram partial hydraulic, with Brazil valve tie in to your stock system.
There are several good systems out there. My boat has full IMCO and it works well.
Steve
www.imcomarine.com
Old 07-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered

Thanks Steve,
I have to to move a Procharger kit that I had on the 383 in my crownline and then I'll buy the hyd steering. What do you think about trim tabs, does the Rage need them? It seems fine, but it might be nice to have in some situations.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Registered

BC,
Since your boat is running in the 80s and up, I think you'll like the tabs. My Heat came with Bennetts, not bad, but poorly positioned (too close to the drive).
I changed over to Eddie's and moved them out to the chines, and they work well.
Tabs are good for:
correcting lateral imbalances, keeping the nose down on plane off, reducing chine walk, flying more level in rough water
A good set of mechanical indicators will help you adjust them properly.
Steve
Attached Thumbnails New Rage owner-new-trim-gauge.jpg   New Rage owner-tabs-install-005.jpg   New Rage owner-tabs-install-003.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 07-19-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered

Thanks again Steve.
I see we have the same color trailers, do you know where I can get touch up paint (purple)?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blowncrown
Thanks again Steve.
I see we have the same color trailers, do you know where I can get touch up paint (purple)?
I keep trying, but haven't found the match yet. Let me know if you do. I should probably just order a pint from Myco, or get the paint brand/code.
Steve
Old 07-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
BC,
Since your boat is running in the 80s and up, I think you'll like the tabs. My Heat came with Bennetts, not bad, but poorly positioned (too close to the drive).
I changed over to Eddie's and moved them out to the chines, and they work well.
Tabs are good for:
correcting lateral imbalances, keeping the nose down on plane off, reducing chine walk, flying more level in rough water
A good set of mechanical indicators will help you adjust them properly.
Steve
Hey Blown, This what the back of a 90+ mph boat looks like!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Registered

Steve and Blowncrown,

When I got my Rage they painted my trailer a custom purple color to match my dodge truck. After a few months I asked about some touch up paint for the trailer. Lonnie sent me about a pint of some purple paint. It didn't match at all. After seeing your pictures it looks like it may match your color. I'll check at home to see if I still have it and let you know.

Pat
Old 07-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb
Steve and Blowncrown,

When I got my Rage they painted my trailer a custom purple color to match my dodge truck. After a few months I asked about some touch up paint for the trailer. Lonnie sent me about a pint of some purple paint. It didn't match at all. After seeing your pictures it looks like it may match your color. I'll check at home to see if I still have it and let you know.

Pat
Pat,
Thanks man!
Steve

Quick Reply: New Rage owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.