2008 Lake Cumberland regatta >

2008 Lake Cumberland regatta

Notices

2008 Lake Cumberland regatta

Old 10-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2008 Lake Cumberland regatta

It's too dead in here. Let's get some discussion going...Nordic Gary, any projected dates for your regatta?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Agree Bob, it's slow. Season is just about over here I'm actually winterizing this coming weekend. Getting ready for show season.

We are in the planning stages for the 2008 Nordic event. Plans are to expand the event significantly in 2008. Will have more info in the coming months.

Hows your new boat coming? Any pictures?

NG
Old 10-22-2007, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta agree it has been dead in here lately.....Mine has been Winterized for about 3 weeks now and is already put away......Gary what is that I see in the Classifieds??????.

Gary any ideas what Month you will have the Jamboree in 08 I would like to make the trip again this year had a ton of fun ot the last one....If we make it to the 08 one I plan on staying longer it was a little far to Drive for a weekend.....

BTW both Bob and myself will be on Table Rock the 2nd week of June so no Jamboree that week...LOL
Old 10-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking forward to ot

Hi Guys,
The Nashvegas crowd will there again in force next year. We had two players down this year, and another that didn't attend. They are up and running now. My parts are in and go to the machine shop today. New blower should be in by 11-1.
Hopefully we'll get some nice test weather in November. We usually do. Actually, a bunch of us went out in December LY.
I was in KY last week Gary. I saw the TAOD Flame going North up I-75, being towed by a yellow Ford F250/350. That is still the prettiest V hull boat I've ever seen. Is that still "on the books" or did you sell it? It wasn't at the regatta this year?
Any plans to attend any Nashville boat shows this winter?
Regards,
Steve
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Still waiting on it. Should be ready in a couple of weeks. We're planning a trip to Havasu the first weekend in November to pick it up. Hopefully the weather will be good and we can spend a day on the lake.

Bob

Originally Posted by Nordic Gary
Agree Bob, it's slow. Season is just about over here I'm actually winterizing this coming weekend. Getting ready for show season.

We are in the planning stages for the 2008 Nordic event. Plans are to expand the event significantly in 2008. Will have more info in the coming months.

Hows your new boat coming? Any pictures?

NG
Old 10-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Got ya Bent, we'll make sure we don't schedule the second week of June. Most likely John and I will post several dates to ensure we can get everyone this year.

Steve,

The Taod 35 belongs to our former partner; he lives in Northern Ky and boats on the Ohio (sewer) River.

Not sure what happened to the power plant but you're always good for late season WOT numbers....can't wait.

NG
Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nordic Gary
Got ya Bent, we'll make sure we don't schedule the second week of June. Most likely John and I will post several dates to ensure we can get everyone this year.

Steve,

The Taod 35 belongs to our former partner; he lives in Northern Ky and boats on the Ohio (sewer) River.

Not sure what happened to the power plant but you're always good for late season WOT numbers....can't wait.

NG
Well, your former partner has one badass Flame. My motor mishap was really bull****. I had an inconel exhaust valve break off at the stem , and bang around in the cylinder.
If we had used cheap parts (never), I could understand it. Oh well, sometimes ....................
Anyway, all new rotating assembly being balanced at the machine shop now, new head, valves, and big shiny BS billet 871 being assembled soon. I figured if it's down, may as well kick it up a notch .
Regards,
Steve
Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Well, your former partner has one badass Flame. My motor mishap was really bull****. I had an inconel exhaust valve break off at the stem , and bang around in the cylinder.
If we had used cheap parts (never), I could understand it. Oh well, sometimes ....................
Anyway, all new rotating assembly being balanced at the machine shop now, new head, valves, and big shiny BS billet 871 being assembled soon. I figured if it's down, may as well kick it up a notch .
Regards,
Steve
What ring package are you going to run and what gap? Mine ran great but my oil got fuel in it very fast. Wondering whether to tighten it up any.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered

Kennyo,
I think Eric ordered a set of Total Seal gapless rings for it.
I didn't have any problems with gas in the oil with the last set either, but I was only running 6.5 lbs intercooled boost.
May take that up a little (like 8PSI) with the big blower.
Steve
Old 10-26-2007, 12:19 AM
sandman
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your engine Steve. When I hear and feel a nice piece of machinery self destruct, I get that "I'm about to throw up" feeling. I'm still in Iraq and should be home from mid June to early july and plan on going again. Would like to get you in my boat this time to see if more experience can coax more out of it. I'll be doing a lot of outdrive maintenance this upcoming Dec break so I'll be talkin to eric again. Maybe bring them to my brothers shop in Nashville. BTW I guess I left Blackwater just in time, hahahahaha, Later.......Casey

Quick Reply: 2008 Lake Cumberland regatta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.