Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
35 Flame w Gear Splitter >

35 Flame w Gear Splitter

Notices

35 Flame w Gear Splitter

Old 01-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are in Cartersville , GA I am actually not that far north of you I am located in Athens , TN

The 37 in my Avatar is a car I did for a customer a couple years ago. The pic was taken at the Street Rod Nats. in Louisville. PPG used it in their display. I don't do a whole lot of customer stuff due to the fact that time is always a bit hard for me to find but occasionally I will make exceptions... I just finished a 1 year project on a really nice 69 Z28 for a good friend. We mainly do insurance wrecks at the shop (not my #1 choice) but it feeds the family so... However I somehow always end up with a project of some sort be it a rod , a bike , or an offshore , or a combo... lol...

Are you looking for a new build turn-key car ? , or a previously owned rod ? , Steel or glass ??

The car pictured is a Downs body on a Air-ride TCI chassis

Here is a shot of the 69 Z28 I just finished a few weeks ago (not the best pic & lighting it was taken from my phone) & also a shot of a 37 roadster that I did some work on for another customer of mine . Hopefully my Saber is next in line !!
Attached Thumbnails 35 Flame w Gear Splitter-69-z28.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 01-06-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking Cars......I just bought a 69 Firebird

Do you use Sata Guns in your shop????I am the owner of Sata Spray Equipment
Old 01-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatingbent
Nice looking Cars......I just bought a 69 Firebird

Do you use Sata Guns in your shop????I am the owner of Sata Spray Equipment
Actually I do & both of the cars pictured & the 37 in my avitar I shot with a Sata RP. I bought it when was working on the orange 37 in my avitar & it was the first car I used it on. Now I use it daily they are great guns... Now I know who to talk to when I need something.... lol....

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 01-06-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
No not interested in buying the boat. Just kinda interested in how it is holding up & I would also like to know what kind of prop slip #'s it's running ?

Also since I am not familiar with the 35 flame & what kind of speeds it runs with twin power making the same as that single I would like to know how they compair speed wise. I am pretty sure that it would be faster than a twin with the same power as is a boat like mine with a twin v/s a single making the same power. For example my boat would take (approx.) twin 500's totaling 1000 hp to run around the same speed as a single 750.

I would love to give it a try in my boat b/c it would be a good platform to use to compare performance , seeing that I have a real good Idea what kind of speeds it will run with given single power as compaired to twins , where as the 35 Nordic to my knowledge has never been ran with single power & a single drive.

& Oh yeah I was kinda hoping the owner of the boat decided to repower the boat with twins & the splitter was laying in their garage collecting dust & needed a new home in the hills of TN... Of course comfortably behind my blown BBC & in front of 2 XR ITS's hanging off the back of my Saber ..

My transom is a clean canvas & I have plenty of room in the engine compartment. Now If I could only convince Imco , or SCS , or another mfg. That my boat is the perfect candidate for a test ......
A 35 Nordic will run 91-94 with twin 525's....the IMCO boat had a 1200(?) PFAFF EFI motor and ran 111 or around there due to weight savings of 1 motor vs two
Old 01-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

If you are in Cartersville , GA I am actually not that far north of you I am located in Athens , TN

The 37 in my Avatar is a car I did for a customer a couple years ago. The pic was taken at the Street Rod Nats. in Louisville. PPG used it in their display. I don't do a whole lot of customer stuff due to the fact that time is always a bit hard for me to find but occasionally I will make exceptions... I just finished a 1 year project on a really nice 69 Z28 for a good friend. We mainly do insurance wrecks at the shop (not my #1 choice) but it feeds the family so... However I somehow always end up with a project of some sort be it a rod , a bike , or an offshore , or a combo... lol...

Are you looking for a new build turn-key car ? , or a previously owned rod ? , Steel or glass ??

The car pictured is a Downs body on a Air-ride TCI chassis

Here is a shot of the 69 Z28 I just finished a few weeks ago (not the best pic & lighting it was taken from my phone) & also a shot of a 37 roadster that I did some work on for another customer of mine . Hopefully my Saber is next in line !!
I like the American Street Rod coupe. I need one complete. Pre owned would be find.

http://www.americanstreetrod.com

Last edited by jima97; 07-01-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jima97
I like the American Street Rod coupe. I need one complete. Pre owned would be find.

http://www.americanstreetrod.com
I just sent you a P.M.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

Actually I do & both of the cars pictured & the 37 in my avitar I shot with a Sata RP. I bought it when was working on the orange 37 in my avitar & it was the first car I used it on. Now I use it daily they are great guns... Now I know who to talk to when I need something.... lol....
Let me know if I can help you
Old 01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob Teague has a few interesting thoughts on the Nordic splitter in this months Powerboat tech.
FYI
Old 01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
Bob Teague has a few interesting thoughts on the Nordic splitter in this months Powerboat tech.
FYI
Thanks ,

You don't happen to have a way to scan that in High Resolution & email it to me do you ??

Either way I will try to check that out... I currently get Extreme Boats mag. & had PB & Hotboat mag subscriptions since back in the early 90's , However I don't currently get PB & the nearest place that carries it is 50 miles away...
Old 01-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

For the money of a gear splitter, and two drives................Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy my spare #6 and be done with it?

Talk with Check300 he is running that single engine 30' checkmate with a #6 and alot more power than I beleive you will be and the boat is a rocket ! and handle's like it's on rails.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails 35 Flame w Gear Splitter-bill_checkmate1.jpg   35 Flame w Gear Splitter-bill_checkmate2.jpg   35 Flame w Gear Splitter-bill_checkmate3.jpg  

Quick Reply: 35 Flame w Gear Splitter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.