Has anyone seen picstures of the new 29 >

Has anyone seen picstures of the new 29

Notices

Has anyone seen picstures of the new 29

Old 01-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobl
Depends on where you boat. On Lake Cumberland for instance, during the summer the 525 runs low 70's, mid 70's at best. That is Bent's point of referrence. Proved that at the Nordic regatta last summer.
I agree.
The performance #s on my Heat vary by 5 MPH depending upon conditions, as they all do.
Ideal conditions=nice chop, light gas load, cool weather, cold water (intercooler) and big prop I get 93-94.5.
Normal conditions for the Southeast in mid season=hot (90+), humid (85%+), hot sticky water, moderate to heavy passenger/gas/cooler/etc load I get 88 to 90. So far, I have been unable to fool physics . Hot humid air decreases my engine's ability to make horsepower, and heavy loads decrease my horsepower to weight ratio.
Bent's # are correct by my experience too. When I bought my Heat with a 575 it ran 76/77, so low to mid 70s with a 525 and normal conditions (here) make perfect sense to me. I do think more is possible under ideal conditions with careful rigging, but not down here with a normal summer load.
Paul, I need to get up there and run on that fast water !
Regards,
Steve Z

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 01-13-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:09 PM
jns
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. Got me thinking so I had to go set in the boat today and have a beer!
Do any of you plan on attending PMI Expo in April. Wondered how that show may be?