Getting back into boating and have some questions >

Getting back into boating and have some questions

Notices

Getting back into boating and have some questions

Old 04-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting back into boating and have some questions

Me and the wife have been out of the boating world for 3 years now. Our previous boat was a 99 Baja Hammer with the Boss package. Since owning that boat for 3 summers we are wanting to step up the level on performance, fit and finish and the quality and we want the next boat to be faster than the first one. The boat that we are leaning towards is the Nordic 25 Rage. Could some of you Nordic boat owners give us your thoughts and feelings on this boat? What do you like and dislike about it. What is the top seed of a 25 Rage with the 496 mag HO? Any feedback to help us make the decision will be a great help. Thanks
Old 04-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Great boat !!!

Give us a call and I will give you contact info for some of our Rage owners with 496 HO's.......they can tell you how much they love their boats.

(631) 724-8707
Old 04-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're looking for something used, check this boat out in the classifieds. I personally built it. You can get whatever engine you want in it. http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o21752-en.html
Old 04-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Top speed on a 496HO Rage is low to mid 70's (gps) depending on where you boat.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

bobl, that is one very nice boat. 900HP would really makes things interesting.

Mid to low 70's is really good for a boat of this size. You don't see very many, if any Baja's this size able to run in the 70's. I had heard and read that the hulls on the Nordics are very effecient.

What is a good typical price on a used 2000-up 25 Rage?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered

Young,

Just wanted to chip in, I have a 2002 Rage and I really like the boat. I think my only wish is that I could use more wind protection. The windscreen is pretty low.

We also use it for water skiing. I think the wake is better than my old 20' Ebbtide.

Since owning it the only problem I had was the speedo broke the first year and the factory overnighted me one at no charge.

See if you can take one for a test drive somewhere.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

We have a Nordic dealer about 3-4 hours away from here. The dealer is Unlimited Marine in Russel Springs, KY. We had been planning on contacting them for that very reason. I would assume that they would be willing to take me and the wife out to see how the boat feels/rides.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered

ask for John he is a great guy. I have bought 2 boats from them. Tell them I told you to see him and he will take great care of you.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Registered

Young, where are you located? I live in Norther KY just south of Cincinnati. I am also about 3 hours from Unlimited Marine (great guys by the way). If you are near me I would be glad to take you for a ride. Mine runs in the mid 80's, but its not stock.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by young
We have a Nordic dealer about 3-4 hours away from here. The dealer is Unlimited Marine in Russel Springs, KY. We had been planning on contacting them for that very reason. I would assume that they would be willing to take me and the wife out to see how the boat feels/rides.
You'll be in good hands with UNLIMITED they are a class act

Quick Reply: Getting back into boating and have some questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.