Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Nordic Power Extension Nav Light >

Nordic Power Extension Nav Light

Notices

Nordic Power Extension Nav Light

Old 07-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am on my third one as these pieces of junk from Innovative lighting keep breaking. I removed the last broken auto retracting one and am replacing it with their manual light. However, I can't seem to get the wiring right. The boat has a gray, green and red wire and the light has a black and red wire. No matter which combo I use I either get no power to the light or constant power even with the battery off. Any ideas?
Old 07-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jima97
It is right on the side of the motor about 2 inches up from the bottom.
I looked but do not find any mounting hole. Does anyone have pictures of the light's attachment at its base or mounting bracket or manufacture's mounting instruction sheet with this info or....?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

Maybe this will help. I've replaced mine also. I installed the 4 foot model instead of the 6 foot version, thinking it would be more stable when extended. It tells you the wire colors and what they are.
Attached Thumbnails Nordic Power Extension Nav Light-innovative-mounting.jpg   Nordic Power Extension Nav Light-innovative.jpg   Nordic Power Extension Nav Light-innovative-wiring.jpg  

Last edited by raytart; 07-23-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Perfect. I see how it mounts at the base. Thanks Raytart.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by ekbearly
I am on my third one as these pieces of junk from Innovative lighting keep breaking. I removed the last broken auto retracting one and am replacing it with their manual light. However, I can't seem to get the wiring right. The boat has a gray, green and red wire and the light has a black and red wire. No matter which combo I use I either get no power to the light or constant power even with the battery off. Any ideas?

One of the wires should be your power for the extension mechanism. Pull the panel off the back of the controls and see which wires come off the back of the switch. Turn the switch on and pull one of the wires off, if the light goes down, you've found your mechanism power. If the light goes out, you found your light power.

If that doesn't work, buy a new extension light and hook up the same three wires.