East Coast Nordic Regatta Plan B

Notices

East Coast Nordic Regatta Plan B

Old 02-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default East Coast Nordic Regatta Plan B

Hi Guys,
Jeff Raley, Linnie Hiter, and I were with John and Gary of UPM yesterday (thanks for the beers , my kind of boat show) and we were discussing this year's Regatta.
The subject of having the Regatta at a more centrally located lake/city (preferably WET ) came up. John and Gary have both been to Nashville for Poker Runs and/or boat shows, and they like our area lakes and entertainment. We certainly have plenty of water (2 lakes Old Hickory/Percy Priest and a river the Cumberland) and entertainment (2nd Ave and lower Broadway, etc) in Nashvegas. We also have a great lake restaurant/bar/marina (Anchor High) that is owned by former offshore racer Mitch Miller and performance boat friendly. He hosts the MCPA Poker Run.
We have a large contingent of Nordic owners here already (10 I think, I'm losing count).
I think Nashville would be easier for Bob's Texas Crew and the Georgia Crew to get to, and hopefully everyone else that would like to attend. We have 3 Interstate highways (I-40,24 & 65) going through Nashville.
We would probably do the Regatta in June or July, on a non-holiday weekend. The water should be warm and weather more settled by then.
We are throwing this out there to see what you guys think about it. Kick it around and let us know if this appeals to you.
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 02-01-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve Sorry I missed the show this year. I talked to Jeff and it sounds like I missed the party.Anyway, I think Nashvages is an I deal spot for the Regatta this year. Lets do a none holiday weekend as you mentioned and the turn out should be good. Thanks Nate
Old 02-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Registered

How about the same weekend as the poker run there that way Nordic can represent. We can have fun in the poker run and also have fun as a group.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Zuc,

You missed the big head ache, We got into some apple shooters after you left. Great seeing you & your friends. We are wanting to do the retgatta again this year. We have poker runs on 6-27 & 7-11. we are open other weekends. Gary & Unlimited, thanks for having us up. Great seeing you & jeff also.
Linnie
Old 02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Registered

OK Guys,
All good suggestions. Keep them coming please.
Linster, hate we couldn't stay. We'll make up for it at the Regatta . John and Gary thanks for the liquid hospitality .
Regards,
Steve
Old 02-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnlomant
How about the same weekend as the poker run there that way Nordic can represent. We can have fun in the poker run and also have fun as a group.
The MCPA Poker Run is 7-25. Another idea. What do you guys think about participating in our Poker Run as part of the Regatta functions?
My view, our Poker Run is a fun event for everyone that participates. Would it distract or dilute us attempting to have the Nordic Regatta at the same time? Something to consider.
Steve
Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Registered

I usually don't post much, but I do read them frequently. I think the idea of having a Nordic regatta in Nashville is an excellent one. I'll try to make it and bring my 35 Flame and a few more people from Ohio who also have Nordics. Keep posting about the date---sounds like a great time.

Frank
Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Franksmarine
I usually don't post much, but I do read them frequently. I think the idea of having a Nordic regatta in Nashville is an excellent one. I'll try to make it and bring my 35 Flame and a few more people from Ohio who also have Nordics. Keep posting about the date---sounds like a great time.

Frank
Hello Frank,
Good to hear from you. I have seen your Flame at Cumberland. It is a very pretty boat. I hope you and your friends and customers from Ohio can make it down.
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Registered

Way easier pull for us Atl guys!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jima97
Way easier pull for us Atl guys!
Looked at your possible new boat this weekend, I think if I was going to buy it, I would put some 1075's in it, and give the those low power 700's to us slower boats.

Quick Reply: East Coast Nordic Regatta Plan B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.