?'s 2005 Nordic Rage Open Bow >

?'s 2005 Nordic Rage Open Bow

Notices

?'s 2005 Nordic Rage Open Bow

Old 10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm getting a feeling...

that you're the guy I spoke to about doing the bimini?
Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Registered

Both are awesome boats. Other factors should be considered. 90 is safer in 28' than 25'. Garages usually accommodate 25 easier than 28, towing 25 is easier than 28 & they are both layed out similar & comparable in roominess except headroom in the cabin that no one rides in anyway. The Heat packs more sh** & more fuel. A + for camping trips @ Powell & the likes. The Heat adds a few $. I ended up with a Rage, but would be just as happy with a Heat.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
It all comes down to your style of boating. If you don't boat in rough water, you don't need a bigger boat. I've owned both. They are an apples to oranges comparison. The Rage is great for recreation, tubing, skiing, etc. The Heat is not. It is not nimble enough and does not plane well at slower speeds. The Heat rides much better and handles like it's on rails. As far as speed there is 8-10 mph difference between the 2 with 496 power. Low 70's for the Rage, low 60's for the heat(tested at my home lake).
I guess I'll stand by my comment that the Heats are 10 mph slower. I'll reword my comment about Heats being bow high to the seats are too low and the deck is to high and the rear seat passengers see nothing looking forward. If you love a Heat in the rough you would be AMAZED by a Scarab!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, Full Throttle Marine

Originally Posted by XX14
that you're the guy I spoke to about doing the bimini?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Registered

Default 05 Rage

My recently purchased 05 Rage has a 540 with an M-3 and was built in Spicewood. ( Full Throttle Marine??) I wonder if I bought your old boat? I came real close to triple digits at Lake Powell last month but had some minor technical difficulties such as a screaming wife It is a little slow out the hole at altitude, and a little wiggly with single ram, but other than that it is awesome. Instigator was the name on the boat.

Regards,

Lou Killean
Old 10-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, that is the Rage I built the engine for. I own Full Throttle Marine.

Bob Lloyd

Originally Posted by killean68
My recently purchased 05 Rage has a 540 with an M-3 and was built in Spicewood. ( Full Throttle Marine??) I wonder if I bought your old boat? I came real close to triple digits at Lake Powell last month but had some minor technical difficulties such as a screaming wife It is a little slow out the hole at altitude, and a little wiggly with single ram, but other than that it is awesome. Instigator was the name on the boat.

Regards,

Lou Killean