Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
28 Heat Prop >

28 Heat Prop

Notices

28 Heat Prop

Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I sent my Prop Back to BBlades and they have it as we speak ...But in the mean timi I talked Brett into letting me try out a PX5 Hydromotive everone said I would need the 25P ...Brett did not have a 25 but did have a 26 which he sent me and I tried it yesterday ....All I can say is WOW what a Diff...
Maybe just a Tad bit slower out of the hole but still Ok ...
I took it up to 75 MPH GPS at 5280/5320 RPM and had my trim just above 1/2 to 3/4 up....What my favorite part of this prop is how it hooks up in the Turns .....
Brett at BBlades has been Awesome to work with I would use them again for anything

BTW my Boat is
05 Heat
525 HP
1 Inch Spacer
I was alone in Boat
Full load of fuel
Bow Cover on
Water was like Glass 72 Degress outside but water very cold still .....I am at about 1000 Elevation
This was done on the mississippi

Now I just need a loan to buy this Prop
Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatingbent
Ok so I sent my Prop Back to BBlades and they have it as we speak ...But in the mean timi I talked Brett into letting me try out a PX5 Hydromotive everone said I would need the 25P ...Brett did not have a 25 but did have a 26 which he sent me and I tried it yesterday ....All I can say is WOW what a Diff...
Maybe just a Tad bit slower out of the hole but still Ok ...
I took it up to 75 MPH GPS at 5280/5320 RPM and had my trim just above 1/2 to 3/4 up....What my favorite part of this prop is how it hooks up in the Turns .....
Brett at BBlades has been Awesome to work with I would use them again for anything

BTW my Boat is
05 Heat
525 HP
1 Inch Spacer
I was alone in Boat
Full load of fuel
Bow Cover on
Water was like Glass 72 Degress outside but water very cold still .....I am at about 1000 Elevation
This was done on the mississippi

Now I just need a loan to buy this Prop
So true, but you see what I say about getting what you pay for. That's 14% slip from a stock prop. The midrage effiency should have improved too (higher speed at same RPM). This prop could be worked by Brett for even better perfomance. Sounds like like you've found your daily driver. What did Brett say about a Hydro Q4x?
The reason Bob and I thought a 25" P5-X would be close, is the B1s are actually 1" less pitch than their marked pitch, so your current prop is a 25", unless it's been reworked to a 26". And 5 blades do take a little more power to turn because of the extra blade area. If you're turning a 26" P5-X that's great, because it is a "taller" pitch propeller. Hydros are their marked pitch.
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 05-16-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i am a little afraid to just go ahead and buy this thing cause i will always wonder in the back of my mind how a 25 would do .....
No Brett and I never talked about a Q4X ...I just asked about a Hydromotive Prop and thats what he sent me.....
I really don`t know if I am gaining or loosing speed with this prop cause my 4 Blade B1 was never dialed in for the new engine ... But to be honest I really don`t care if i loose and MPH thats how well this prop works I think
Old 05-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatingbent
Yeah i am a little afraid to just go ahead and buy this thing cause i will always wonder in the back of my mind how a 25 would do .....
No Brett and I never talked about a Q4X ...I just asked about a Hydromotive Prop and thats what he sent me.....
I really don`t know if I am gaining or loosing speed with this prop cause my 4 Blade B1 was never dialed in for the new engine ... But to be honest I really don`t care if i loose and MPH thats how well this prop works I think
Bent,
Even though you may loose a few RPMs with summer load and heat/humidity, I think a 25" would put you on your RPM limiter (unless you've had it reprogrammed). If you turned the 26" 5320, that should be close to the limiter already. Nothing wrong with that of course, as long as you're not banging it.
I would run the P5-X against your 26" B1 when you get it back on the same day, with the same load and water/weather conditions for a valid comparison. You mentioned the water was glass when you tested. Some chop should free you up, resulting in even better #s.
I think you'll like how the 5 blade handles in rough water too.
Best Regards,
Steve