Rage Stereo need help >

Rage Stereo need help

Notices

Rage Stereo need help

Old 05-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rage Stereo need help

I would really like to do some stereo upgrades this year on my 09 rage. I don't have a lot of cash but I already have an older PPI amp and a set of focal component 6.5. I can't loose storage space, since there isn't much to start with.

Has anyone done custom pods on the dash or tweeter pods?

Does anyone have pictures your rage stereo upgrade they can post.

Any ideas would be great.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Registered

I put tens under the back seat, built the boxes so the seat could come out easily if needed. upgraded the 6 1/2 s in the mid cabin with coax speakers(tweeter built in) mounted 6 1/2s coax in the upholstery boards next to driver and passenger.....built custom boxes for the open bow seating area tucked up under the storage areas behind the seats in the open bow. I also turned the cooler holder in the mid cabin into a speaker box with two twelves mounted all the amps in the engine compartment. Sounds good and I can def her the coax speakers cruising at 50mph. I'll try and find some pics
Old 05-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Registered

please post some pictures or send them to me.
thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

This will kill your storage under the bow, but it's a good clean place for a sub and skis are usually too long & wakeboards to wide to fit anyway. I just cut a mdf board (5/8 thick) to fit the speaker, then another to fit the whole. Glued the 2 layers and covered w/ carpet. I put 4 wood screws through the carpet into boat and capped with screw covers. I imagine you could go a step further to make the the thing hinged to get access and storage. I think the whole thing made a pretty good sounding box. Protected the speaker with an anodized laser cut grill available on any boat parts site.
If it needs to be removed there's no sign since I didn't cut any original carpet.
I wish I'd added some tweets somewhere by the driver/pass cupholders. this seems to be where the sound needs to be if you are to hear anything when cruising.
For the bow, I found some 3 1/2" speakers, hole saw and laser cut computer fan covers (like on the back of a desktop) & cut into the bulkhead just below the seats. Not ideal placement, but it's out of the way and adds a little sound pointed to the beach.

Also talk to JDearden, he had his done local by the High Fi, but his pockets are deeper than mine!

Last edited by 90mphRAGE; 05-16-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by andychb
mounted all the amps in the engine compartment.
You live in Scottsdale! Im really suprised your amps dont overheat in the engine compartment considering the temperatures you guys see during the summer months, the heat from the engine and the limited airflow in there. Do they have cooling fans?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Registered

My amps were in the engine compartment, screwed to the back of the bench seat... they would fry after 20 minutes in the AZ heat. I just mounted them in the cabin on the starboard wall above the couch last summer. They now have a little 12v oscillating fan blowing on them as well as two 3" A/C vents if I have it running. Never had a problem since moving them.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by oboyskibum
I would really like to do some stereo upgrades this year on my 09 rage. I don't have a lot of cash but I already have an older PPI amp and a set of focal component 6.5. I can't loose storage space, since there isn't much to start with.

Has anyone done custom pods on the dash or tweeter pods?

Does anyone have pictures your rage stereo upgrade they can post.

Any ideas would be great.
HiFi shop is the place to go if you want anything done! The owner Brady has worked on many Nordic's and really enjoys working on them.

Here is some work he did on mine.

Last edited by JD Dearden; 05-22-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Registered

Sweet install. I will have to check them out, but I don't think it will fit in my budget. Maybe I can work it so I get a little now and keep adding on next year.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
You live in Scottsdale! Im really suprised your amps dont overheat in the engine compartment considering the temperatures you guys see during the summer months, the heat from the engine and the limited airflow in there. Do they have cooling fans?
I run Havasu all summer no overheating problems and no fans...maybe its hotter against the back seat ...lol but I have them mounted on the side of the compartment and it stays pretty cool over there...I don't see how having them mounted in the cabin is going to be that much cooler in 115 degree weather on the beach at the turtle. Ill grab some pics friday. I have this one of the box before it went in.

Last edited by andychb; 05-23-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Registered

I stopped by the Hi-Fi shop today. I didn't talk to Brady, he wasn't in, but the guy I talked to didn't really want to talk to me once I mentioned that I had some of my gear that I wanted to install. He was a jerk. I am not sure I am interested in having them do anything for me after that. I like to do business with people that treat their customers like gold whether they are spending $500 to $15000. I might not have a lot to spend on my system this year, but that doesn't mean I won't have more next year and the year after that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.