Nordic Heat Gas Tanks Blow out >

Nordic Heat Gas Tanks Blow out

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, just wanna no if you ever had this problem.

my tanks were pretty much empty went to go fill them up and the gas came flying back in my face and all over everything, so i had to fill the boat real slow, everytime I went fast the thing would shoot gas out again? anyone have a reason for this

Last edited by powdercoat777; 05-10-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure your vent lines aren't clogged. I ve seen some weird stuff over the years....kinked lines, wax clogged vents, even mud dauber wasps building nests in them.
When you are filling up, you should be able to feel and smell air/gas fumes coming out of your gas tank vents. If you can't, then you have found your problem.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Registered

thanks steve, the thing did sit for about 5 years in the middle of the desert,
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

I've had the same condition since new. After some experimentation, I learned to finesse the angle of the gas nozzle to have it point slightly toward the bow of the boat. Does not work every time with the first squeeze (occasionally get the gas blow back), but since i know it's a possibility, I go slow at start and minimize the blow back -- if it happens. Usually, I can get it going at whatever the max flow rate is for the pump.

That said, 100% truth to vent clog possiblity. FYI I've also seen mud daubers clog up or restrict the air exhaust hose on boat lifts.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by In2Deep
I've had the same condition since new. After some experimentation, I learned to finesse the angle of the gas nozzle to have it point slightly toward the bow of the boat. Does not work every time with the first squeeze (occasionally get the gas blow back), but since i know it's a possibility, I go slow at start and minimize the blow back -- if it happens. Usually, I can get it going at whatever the max flow rate is for the pump.

That said, 100% truth to vent clog possiblity. FYI I've also seen mud daubers clog up or restrict the air exhaust hose on boat lifts.
+1
I don't insert the gas nozzle all the way into the filler opening and angle it. I can usually get it set right to run the pump at full but sometimes you just have to fill it slow. I think the vents don't allow enough air out as you fill the tank and causes it to burp gas all over you. It's happened to me more than once and it's no fun.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Eroc5150
+1
I don't insert the gas nozzle all the way into the filler opening and angle it. I can usually get it set right to run the pump at full but sometimes you just have to fill it slow. I think the vents don't allow enough air out as you fill the tank and causes it to burp gas all over you. It's happened to me more than once and it's no fun.
lol ya it does suck, esp getting into the truck stinking like gas... When i had my sprint I didnt have this issue that thing took gas like a champ so i assumed the heat would be the same. just was crazy how much flew out, ill let you guys no next week how the fill goes ill deff be waiting for the tittle wave again but this time ill be ready for it.. Gas in the face freaking sux!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

I had that issue when my Rage was brand new, the issue seemed to go away after a few fillups.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered

My flame has done it several time on the side tanks, never on the belly. Not sure why. I just go slow and make sure that I feel air being pushed out of the vents.

Mud wasps did clog up my sink drain line once... took me a coat hanger and hose for 30 minutes to clean it all out!!!