Nordic 28SS after a year, feedback. >

Nordic 28SS after a year, feedback.

Notices

Nordic 28SS after a year, feedback.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bor
Great Boat ! I m looking in to 26-28 ft cat to swap my both boats I narrowed my search to the 28 speedster ,redline and the nordic . I talked whit Thane about the 28 ss as I m in europe I planned to visit the miami boat show but none of the builders are there so now try to schedule a round trip thru the USA to see al 3 .

Just like you I am a had all v hulls but love the look of the cats can you tell me more on the ride ,especially if it s a little rougher ?

keep the pics coming please ,there are not much on the net or the nordic site !!

Thx

Bor
It is hard for me to give you cat to cat feedback since this is my first and really the only one i have been in. I do know you will have a hard time finding a faster hull in this size.

I love the way the boat rides and drives. This boat runs at it's best with very little trim. The boat will turn really easily and you can make it drift easily once you get a feel for it. It loves chop into the wind, i have been cruising across the lake turn into a slight wind or ripple and the boat will start to accelerate without any more throttle or trim. It stays on plane until about 15 to 20 mph, i have been in slot canyons with lots of tight turns and have no problem staying on plane, this surprised me more than anything about the SS.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will also post some more pics.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Registered

Old 12-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Registered

Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

Beautiful boat!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking boat JD. I can see why you like it so much.
One thing Nordic is doing that I don't see on anyone else's cats, is a built in swim platform on the back deck.
If you think of how much eyeryone uses their swim platforms on vee hull hulls, it's obvious they are handy to have on cats too. And they keep the deck lines sleek.
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 12-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Great looking boat JD. I can see why you like it so much.
One thing Nordic is doing that I don't see on anyone else's cats, is a built in swim platform on the back deck.
If you think of how much eyeryone uses their swim platforms on vee hull hulls, it's obvious they are handy to have on cats too. And they keep the deck lines sleek.
Best Regards,
Steve
Funny you mention that. When we where shopping i was thinking Thor but my wife got all obsessed with the swim deck so i say OK! hahaha. I like the SS because of the edges, everyone is rounding everything off and i don't really love that.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
It is hard for me to give you cat to cat feedback since this is my first and really the only one i have been in. I do know you will have a hard time finding a faster hull in this size.

I love the way the boat rides and drives. This boat runs at it's best with very little trim. The boat will turn really easily and you can make it drift easily once you get a feel for it. It loves chop into the wind, i have been cruising across the lake turn into a slight wind or ripple and the boat will start to accelerate without any more throttle or trim. It stays on plane until about 15 to 20 mph, i have been in slot canyons with lots of tight turns and have no problem staying on plane, this surprised me more than anything about the SS.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will also post some more pics.
Great pics ! if you got a chance can you make some of the bottom how the sponsons and center pod so I can see the different in height of them ?
The one you have from the transom is from a angle so can t see it good .

Thx

Bor
Old 12-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bor
Great pics ! if you got a chance can you make some of the bottom how the sponsons and center pod so I can see the different in height of them ?
The one you have from the transom is from a angle so can t see it good .

Thx

Bor
Old 12-19-2012, 12:40 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thx ,I owe you one !
Old 12-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
I got to get out there and see that thing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.