Nordic Rage Bolster? >

Nordic Rage Bolster?

Notices

Nordic Rage Bolster?

Old 03-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nordic Rage Bolster?

I see Nordic Rages for sale and pictures with drop down bolster seats but can't seem to find out where to buy them. Nordic tells me they don't put them in the Rage. Any help??
Old 03-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Registered

post the link to the rage so we can see it. It might be mine. The rage doesn't have enough free-board for drop down bolster seats. The bolster seats in my rage do not drop down but in a picture they look like they might. The Heat seats do drop down and it isn't a problem because the boat has more free-board allowing for the seating surface to be higher off the floor of the boat.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Registered

Here are two rages for sale that say they have drop down bolsters. Maybe check in with them?
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/20086
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/5999
Old 03-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered

It looks like one of those rages does have drop down bolsters. The only rages that I have personally seen have been the newer models, so I stand corrected. Based on my experience with my rage I wouldn't want to be standing up driving in rough water unless you are really short. The seats just don't come up that high as you can see from the picture of the guy standing up in the boat. The top of the seat is at his waist.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered

When I purchased mine last year from Nordic I asked the same question. They said they could build it but that I would not like it. They said they built some custom for a short guy that wanted them awhile back. Not enough freeboard. My bolsters look like they could drop down but they don't and after owning it for a year I would agree that of the seats where mounted higher up in the cockpit you would hate it. The windshield would be hitting you in the nipples, and I am only 5'10". The new rages have really nice bolsters and billet aluminum bases. Really nice. Once you sit in one you will realize it is just not necessary. I would like it if they built a flip up and back front part of the seat to give you a little more room to stand.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Registered

I second that the flip up would be nice for standing and sitting a little higher when needed. I end up sitting on a flotation pillow when i need some extra height, since I am short.