Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Nordic Heat vs Escape - Any Feedback? >

Nordic Heat vs Escape - Any Feedback?

Notices

Nordic Heat vs Escape - Any Feedback?

Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nordic Heat vs Escape - Any Feedback?

I have been looking at boats for the last 3-4 months and am getting serious about purchasing. Ideally, I would like to have a new boat by mid May. Originally, I was trying to pick between a Heat MCOB or a Flame MCOB. Both of these are still on my radar, but I am leaning towards the heat out of the two particularly if I could find one with the sliding door option that is a MCOB.

Recently, I inquired about the 29' Escape MCOB. In talking to Nordic it is basically a Heat, but with a deeper cockpit and twin steps. Both of these features appeal to me, but the sliding door is not an option.

Have any of you been in both a Heat and an Escape? If so, how did they compare?

Those of you who have MCOB models, do you find that the door is nice to have or more in the way?

For reference, I would probably try to buy a 2008 or newer heat with the 525 EFI. If I go with the escape, I would probably go with a new boat and the 565.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Registered

I personally like the door on my escape. Seems odd the way they have done the new one with it all being open. Each to their own though of course. I guess though it really does not matter if you are doing just day trips.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Personally, I'd go with a Flame MCOB. Love my Heat MCOB, but have always wanted to go 35'.
Someday.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

I do sometimes wonder if I may regret not getting the flame...
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've spent quite a bit of time in both the Heat and Escape. Midcabin is much smaller in the Escape and the Bow is bigger. I like the cockpit and rear seat design on the Escape, but I really like the midcabin of the Heat. When it's hot, the openness of not having a door is a big advantage. I had a 35 MCOB that had a door and I never closed it. Performance wise I believe the Heat is a bit faster.