Nordic Stern Light Help >

Nordic Stern Light Help

Notices

Nordic Stern Light Help

Old 07-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nordic Stern Light Help

Used my navigation lights this weekend and the motorized stern light would not completely retract when I was done with it. I took it apart and found the nylon gear messed up. Did some research, contacted Nordic and found out the light was problematic and is not made any longer but there is a manual version available from Innovative Lighting Inc. but have read that this light was also problematic.

I'm looking for feedback from others with this issue and how they resolved it..

Thanks in advance

Steven
Old 07-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went thru all this last year, same thing. I even sent mine back to Innovate, they said it was beyond repair. I installed a perko light mount (which also ripped the fiberglass out with the 3 Stainless screws) then just last week again, re-did it. This time I made a backing plate and thru bolted the 3 stainless mounts bolts.

Now I just have an LED stick light, I have to manually put it in each time. (That's what she said)

Good luck.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Registered

Steve, I went with the manual one this season. It seemed like the best solution and it works fine so far. Innovate will give you a discount if you give them the serial number off the old one.

Hey, would you please take a look at the sea strainer thread I posted in yesterday? I'd appreciate your thoughts. Hope all is well with you.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Registered

mine is the same way, it wont retract all the way in .. sticks out about 1.5" and its only a year or so old