Heat Windshield >

Heat Windshield

Notices

Heat Windshield

Old 11-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat Windshield

Just found out a new windshield for a Heat is 3,600 from Nordic and they want 500 to replace it. Anyone ever replaced one through another source?
Old 11-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Registered

Ouch

What happened to the old one? And is that for one side or both sides?
Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Registered

I
Originally Posted by Utahskibum
Just found out a new windshield for a Heat is 3,600 from Nordic and they want 500 to replace it. Anyone ever replaced one through another source?
I replaced one on my old Heat and it was not that bad to change, I replace it because it wanted a shorter windshield. I have the one I took off in my basement it is still like new if you are interested.

Last edited by sport; 11-18-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:47 AM
Registered

I have been looking at an older Heat for sale and found it needed a few things. A windshield, cabin door, and a "glovebox" lid in front of the passenger seat. The old windshield is missing about a foot and a half on one side of the boat. The windshield attaches with screws on this boat. It looks like the newer boats have bonded windshields somehow. It is missing some chunks of gelcoat under the bow where it has been beached on some rocks. Anyone ever tried to fix that?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Registered

All the windshields are attached with screws even on the the new ones. Ralph's boat repair in SLC can fix any of the gelcoat.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Registered

I believe in you. You can replace it on your own. Just think strong, and believe in yourself. Also, call a friend or two, supply some beer and have fun saving yourself $470 bones. (After cost of beer of course) Gelcoat, I have not played with so no insight there.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Registered

Thanks Jay, that made me laugh.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I feel your pain.......I just ordered the left section of my windshield today, costs 1800 so I assume youre getting both sides. im gonna do it myself along with the rubrail. I have some mechanical knowledge, but not the shop repair guy. I had the other side replaced last year which was a pain in the u know !!! Trying to save money I ordered it from a plastics shop called Fineys Plastics located in Lake Havi. It took forever to get it and when it arrived the holes were incorrect. The shop I had the boat in didn't want to touch it in lue of having to replace the glass. I ended up making the trip to Havasu from Cali, and having Fineys do the repairs, so the money I saved in the Glass (about $600) I ended up spending in gas. The one good point is that all this happened the week of Desert Storm which was BAD ASS !!! This time I ordered it from Nordic and gonna see if I can do it myself. I spoke with Mike Chandler who ensured me it can be done. I'll keep you posted ....good luck !! Rydda1
Old 11-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

I spoke with someone earlier this week who replaced the windshield with a Nordic factory piece and apparently the holes didn't line up on the factory windshield either. Glad you caught Desert Storm- pretty cool.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Registered

I would recommended putting a little dab of epoxy in each screw hole as you replace the screws. I did that last winter and did not have one single screw come loose the entire season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.