nordic heat  with extension box >

nordic heat with extension box

Notices

nordic heat with extension box

Old 04-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snowboy
Bob ran some numbers for me, he had some dyno sheets on a Teague 800, at 3000 ft alt I am losing 17%+ horsepower due to elev and heat. Down to 600-650hp at prop .That's quite a bit, so I am not that far off speed wise, should be 76 mph. Switching to a 8.3 L Whipple and Nickerson just did my carbs so will see what happens. Might try taking spacer out after I run new blower, since its always been in there and im curious
8.3L?? Whoa. That's quite the jump!
Just a heads up if u aren't familiar w the spacers. Since the spacer kit replaces the stock studs and coupler, You'll need to get a set of std length studs and std length coupler if u want to remove it.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Gold Member

John Teague talked me into it, said I might see 50-100 hp gain , better idle cause it has a bypass and they don't build much heat at all compared to roots.I know now after a good run you cant lay your hand on blower. It is direct replacement, for bds 10-71, I use my snout and drive pulleys. Found several guys back to back dynos that gained 120+. they were on bigger inch motors but We will see !
Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Registered

might want to add an IMCO SCX drive to ur teague shopping cart too... anything over 800 is asking a lot from an XR based drive.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by snowboy
John Teague talked me into it, said I might see 50-100 hp gain , better idle cause it has a bypass and they don't build much heat at all compared to roots.I know now after a good run you cant lay your hand on blower. It is direct replacement, for bds 10-71, I use my snout and drive pulleys. Found several guys back to back dynos that gained 120+. they were on bigger inch motors but We will see !
It will be interesting to see what kind of difference the Whipple will make. My 98 Heat none step bottom with 865 hp (dynoed at sea level) would run 83-84 at 3600 feet and 86-88 at Havasu which is 450 feet so the 72-75 seems a little slow. Have you checked the compression and done a leak down test on the engine?

Last edited by sport; 04-22-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Gold Member

No I haven't, compression, leakdown is on list to do soon