Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Opinion on 28 Heat power >

Opinion on 28 Heat power

Notices

Opinion on 28 Heat power

Old 05-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The is ride is Ok but I don't think it would be that good in big water but it is probably better then a shorter Rage, some k-planes or Tim tabs would be nice some times. This is my second Heat I think they are one of the best looking boats out there.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sport
The is ride is Ok but I don't think it would be that good in big water but it is probably better then a shorter Rage, some k-planes or Tim tabs would be nice some times. This is my second Heat I think they are one of the best looking boats out there.
Really? Just OK? My Rage is pretty rough in big water, and I thought the Heat would do much better. If it's just OK, I may need to wait and see if Nordic comes out with something in the 30-32' range. I'd rather not go to the 35...

I agree with you though, the Heat does look bad ass on the water!!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zum78spd
Really? Just OK? My Rage is pretty rough in big water, and I thought the Heat would do much better. If it's just OK, I may need to wait and see if Nordic comes out with something in the 30-32' range. I'd rather not go to the 35...

I agree with you though, the Heat does look bad ass on the water!!
I can't compair it to a Rage because I have never been in one but compaired to some cats I've been in it is just OK. Have Nordic take you out in one that is what sold me on my first Heat. I will be down there some time in June proably around the middle to the end of the month and I would be happy to give you a ride.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sport
I can't compair it to a Rage because I have never been in one but compaired to some cats I've been in it is just OK. Have Nordic take you out in one that is what sold me on my first Heat. I will be down there some time in June proably around the middle to the end of the month and I would be happy to give you a ride.
That would be cool! I'll be there June 11th to 15th, and possibly the 2 weekends after that.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with HP to speed numbers mentioned in this thread. With a stock 575, and severly lacking setup, my boat ran 76/78 GPS.
With the AZM upgrade (remember them ?!) and improved rigging/setup, it ran low to mid 80s. AZM claimed their kit was worth 75hp. Not sure on that, probably more like 50. The ECU was reprogrammed, and the boost went from 4 to 6 PSI, with a 3.5" snout pulley. The motor was much leaner (way to fat factory) and the rev limiter was raised from 5300 to 6000.
Now of course it's running 95+ detuned. I'm sure it would run 100 with a leaner AFR and the methanol injection turned on.
Break in time only (20 hours) on new 512" Ron Sporl/EBM/Merc and for sale for free (59,500) on OSO.
Best Regards,
Steve
Oh yeah on the rough water thing, my Heat is way smoother than 2 of my friend's 29' Fountains.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

I send you a PM when I know for sure when I will be going.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:26 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

I have a 2002 Heat MCOB, I've ridden in several Rages, and there is a noticeable difference (improvement) in the rougher water ride of the Heat.
I2D.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I've owned both a rage and a heat and I personally feel there is a big difference in rough water. My heat has a 525 and will do mid 70's every day. To get the 80 mph range I would say you would need 600+.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

I bought my first Nordic is 2002, It was a 25' Scandia. Same as a rage w/o the stepped hull. I thought the ride was great on Mead and Havasu. 2 weeks later, met a guy selling a 2001 heat and bought it. The ride was much better and ran it for 8 yrs. Now on my third Nordic and the flame has a great ride on the lakes we boat. Anytime you want a ride, Let me know. I am on lake mead every weekend. Sorry I don't have any input on the speed numbers since I never had big power in the 28.