Notices

Rage ?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

All great points and I agree, sometimes the term "silent choice" is used universally, and this is why I wanted to clarify that what I'm referencing is the Y pipe style, and not switchable. Very many factors are in play to cause reversion usually. Merc pulls timing to almost nada at idle on the 525efi and a couple other EFI setups. That's how they get away with a fairly aggressive cam and those headers. Learned this interesting fact from a long time engine builder. Some smart folks over at Mercury Racing for sure. I appreciate your input, as your posts are always to the point and resourceful. Cheers
Old 06-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Registered

So back to the Rage....

Dlank was nice enough to stop by and take me for a spin this past weekend. I definitely enjoyed the boat. I wouldn't say its vastly better than my Crownline in terms of softening the chop. The lack of a walk thru windshield and lack of the "jewelry" the crownline has definitely leaves the Rage feeling much more solid over the chop
Old 06-25-2014, 02:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by xcpilot
I must say I do not understand your post. . I run mine closed all the time except when I am going really fast.
Borgie you really need to read posts before going off. I have Corsa's like Greatguy66. Read: I run mine CLOSED!

Last edited by xcpilot; 06-25-2014 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xcpilot
Borgie you really need to read posts before going off. I have Corsa's like Greatguy66. Read: I run mine CLOSED!
You really just need to let it go and let this thread get back on track. Silent choice with a Y pipe doesn't belong on a Performace boat period. If you believe it's so great nobody will convince you otherwise. Personally I could care less.