496 Mag in a Rage >

496 Mag in a Rage

Notices

496 Mag in a Rage

Old 07-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496 Mag in a Rage

I'm interested in an 05 Rage thats currently on ebay. It has a 496mag, not HO. I didn't realize they even offered the mag in the Rage, I thought the HO was the base motor. I understand that both engines can be modified and the mag will run within a couple mph of the HO, but Im curious about resale. I won't keep it forever and I would think the buyers would expect the HO? Id like to hear what the Rage owners think.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Registered

I don't think the HP difference in a mag vs. a mag HO is going to make or break the sale to anyone. If someone is really chasing horsepower, neither of those motors are going to be on their list.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a 07 Rage with a 496HO. I was focused on the HO based on the fact that I boat at at 6000 feet. The HO is 425HP compared to the Mag at 375HP. It's only 50 HP difference, but at altitude I wanted as much as I could get out of the stock 496.

Also, if you are looking at the Ebay listed 2005 white with red flame / grey Rage with Oklahoma registration located in Missouri, based on the pictures provided the hull ID shows it being a 2004.

Looks like a nice boat but I would verify the year..
Old 07-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dawnpatrol
I purchased a 07 Rage with a 496HO. I was focused on the HO based on the fact that I boat at at 6000 feet. The HO is 425HP compared to the Mag at 375HP. It's only 50 HP difference, but at altitude I wanted as much as I could get out of the stock 496.

Also, if you are looking at the Ebay listed 2005 white with red flame / grey Rage with Oklahoma registration located in Missouri, based on the pictures provided the hull ID shows it being a 2004.

Looks like a nice boat but I would verify the year..
Correct, guess they got confused on the year of the trailer vs year of the boat. Its an 04