1st time out in my Rage >

1st time out in my Rage

Notices

1st time out in my Rage

Old 05-31-2015, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st time out in my Rage

So I took my 2006 Orange Rage for the 1st time and here is what I thought about it. Storage is limited, where do you store things? I couldn't get the passenger seat to face backwards but the drivers seat could because of the steering wheel, is there a trick for doing this? Boat is a rocket, and runs out great, love the handling, but at speeds above 35 or so the wind that comes through the cabin blows any thing that is not bolted down would come flying out the back of the cabin. Any fix for this? Now the cleats are odd, how do you keep the ropes on them? Plus the cleats are in an odd places on the hull. What do you guys use for anchors for the front and shore? Looking for the lightest anchor for the front and easy to store. These boats get a lot of comments from people. It was a fun day!!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zgoo
So I took my 2006 Orange Rage for the 1st time and here is what I thought about it. Storage is limited, where do you store things? I couldn't get the passenger seat to face backwards but the drivers seat could because of the steering wheel, is there a trick for doing this? Boat is a rocket, and runs out great, love the handling, but at speeds above 35 or so the wind that comes through the cabin blows any thing that is not bolted down would come flying out the back of the cabin. Any fix for this? Now the cleats are odd, how do you keep the ropes on them? Plus the cleats are in an odd places on the hull. What do you guys use for anchors for the front and shore? Looking for the lightest anchor for the front and easy to store. These boats get a lot of comments from people. It was a fun day!!
I have a MCOB Heat, so I will comment on the things that are common

Storage is limited, where do you store things?

This is worse if you have subs under the bench. I keep the jackets in the main floor locker, then bumpers behind my subs in the bench, then squirrel the smaller stuff into various smaller areas. Ski's/boards go loose in the floor.

speeds above 35 or so the wind that comes through the cabin blows any thing that is not bolted down would come flying out the back of the cabin. Any fix for this?

Ha, see above comment

Now the cleats are odd, how do you keep the ropes on them? Plus the cleats are in an odd places on the hull. What do you guys use for anchors for the front and shore?

I have found that using a smaller 3/8" rope with the eye doubled at the cleat stays put well vs a single loop on the 1/2" rope. Anchor really depends on the type of bottom where you boat. We have a soft sandy bottom, so I use a Digger anchor.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Registered

Thanks,

I was thinking that a could make a wind screen for the bow opening that would snap in place to reduce the wind. On your heat, does the engine hatch tend to be a little lower on the port side due to the lift arm is on the right?
Old 06-02-2015, 06:00 AM
Registered

You can snap on the bow cover if you are not using the bow seating and it will reduce wind.

When open, yes my hatch is a touch lower on port. When closed, no.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:36 AM
Registered

Some people on here have turned the benches in the cabin into atorage. It is just unused space under those things. Life jackets would work well in there.

My Heat hatch sits flush closed, a little lower port raised. Gonna be normal unless you add another lifting cylinder on the other side.

Engine bay can also be used for some storage as long as it's tied down and not afraid of a little heat.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Registered

I think i have a simple and cheap fix for the hatch issue. Since the ram is only one side and as it lifts it pushes the cover to the port side and makes the cover rub on the port side of the hull, Im going to fab a SS bracket to hold a gas lift cylinder that will off set the weight of the cover on that side. Plus the lift cylinder is very thin and could be placed about a 1/4" from the port manifold so it would not take up any space. I also think it would help with the life of the electric lift unit by taking off some of the load and it would speed the unit up. ??

Last edited by zgoo; 06-02-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Registered

Makes sense. Should definitely provide enough offset and maybe speed the hatch up since it will provide it's own lift after release from docked position.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 72 Posts

This works good for an anchor and folds up nice:

https://www.slideanchor.com/Hlm_Shop...1-c5e749bb8688

And this for the shore spike:

http://slideanchor.com/store/index.php/shore-spike.html

Active watersports local to us carries them both but not the shiny versions. Did you get your prop figured out?
Old 06-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Registered

Dave, Yes prop come out nice and all polished up! Only cost $110 and he did it in 2 days. Which boat do you own?
Old 06-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by zgoo
Dave, Yes prop come out nice and all polished up! Only cost $110 and he did it in 2 days. Which boat do you own?
Great! Who ended up doing the prop for you? We have a 32 Fountain Fever (It's blue, silver and black). We were at the Columbia on the sand bar this Sunday and we will be there again this Sunday too... it's supposed to be in the 90's!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.