Looking for some engine an drive info >

Looking for some engine an drive info

Notices

Looking for some engine an drive info

Old 08-21-2015, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some engine an drive info

Since this is the Nordic page, figured I would post in here for some info. Around this time next year I'll be looking for a Nordic Heat or Rage. Then all the fun starts, hopefully the boat will already have hydro steering an tabs already installed. I'll mainly be looking for one with the 496 in it, just cause they are cheaper than one's that already has a big HP motor in them. Plus I would rather send the boat out to a respectable engine builder like Teague, Boostpower or someone that really knows boats. And have everything new, than buy second hand. After someone has ran the snot out of it.

I'm mainly looking for the boat to run 85-90mph or faster if possible. I'll have anywhere around $25-30k to spend on the engine an drive upgrade. I won't be looking to be the fastest on the lake, what I'll be looking for is turn key reliability. And a drive that will handle all the power and not have to worry about the drive.

Right now I have a 2003 Crownline 202 LPX that's all black. That has a 383sbc with 500hp/500tq pushing it thru a Alpha drive, I know I'm way overpowering the drive. Blew the first outdrive in 3hrs. And the new drive has lasted 4yrs so far. A lot of the Baja's an other semi power boats has been surprised on the little lake I boat at. My little boat will run 71mph with 3 people, full tank of gas an all the B/S for a day on the lake.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:07 AM
Registered

So your question is, what will be on the market this time next year? If you plan to want to go fast, and spend 20k+ , look into a big cube supercharged option. A 540 whippled will get you where you want all day. 496 needs a lot of love to get there. Looking at the 750-800hp range for 90mph if my internal calculator is working. In a Heat. I am not familiar with the Rages. There are some gurus on here that will chime in some more.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:48 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info Jay, yea I didn't figure the 496 would get me close to where I want to be. Would it be better and more cost effective to start with the 525 and have it gone thru, and have it made into something like a Teague 825?

What all places will do all the motor work, plumbing, whipple install, an drive upgrades. What I'm really hoping is that I can find a place to just haul the boat to, and have them do all the work and setup.

Who is a respectable high performance shop that's in Oklahoma or Texas or the surrounding states? Isn't most of the high end engine builders on the west coast

Last edited by jason4636; 08-22-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Registered

I had a good suggestion but he just closed down shop. I know a good engine builder, but he is a stop at the long block kinda guy. I am sure there are some people here in Texas or Oklahoma, but someone else will have to name em