Whats everybody use to buff and wax with >

Whats everybody use to buff and wax with

Notices

Whats everybody use to buff and wax with

Old 01-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats everybody use to buff and wax with

Whats everybody use? I have buffed many boats in my day and was wondering what everybody uses, my new to me 05 heat top deck is in need for a good buff.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I get all my car/truck/marine detailing supplies from Auto Geek. Excellent service and prices. I'm sure there are just as great of vendors here on OSO. I have a Dewalt rotary buffer with a bunch of foam pads and a Griots Garage random orbit polisher also with a bunch of foam pads. I like the the 3M compound material and Marine 31 polish and sealants. Auto Geek has a great forum and lots of how-to videos. The guru over their is Mike Phillips and he is a buffing god.

A lot depends on the condition of the paint or gel you are working with. And what you are willing to spend. If already have some of the tools the products are fairly reasonable. If you have to start from scratch it can get speedy quick.

I notice you are in Blaine. My brother-in-law brings his 40 Outlaw into Blaine Detail a couple times a year and for what (little) they charge to buff and wax that monster it doesn't make sense for us to do it. Might be worth checking with them before you dig in on your own.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I use a Flex with 3M products for polishing. Use the Porter Cable for just applying sealants/wax etc.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:08 PM
Registered

LOL, I work at Friendly chev thats right nextdoor to us. Like I said I do about 6 boats a year myself buff was wanting to try different products.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like some of the Blue Ribbon products
Old 01-27-2016, 08:02 PM
Registered

I use Hula Boat Care! I love the prices and the finish, the best for my midwest resevoir lakes.