Notices

Nordic Quality?

Old 11-10-2002, 08:51 AM
Rick252

Thanks John. Will see you Saturday..

Old 11-21-2002, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just like all the Nordic avatars you guys have. I wonder who made them??

I love my Nordic, sure it may have a few minor things that could be better, but it is far better than alot of the competitors.

I'd buy another one...in fact I want RVW's when he's done with it!

Oh, and all you Nordic guys are welcome over at my site!

RRX

http://www.riverracerx.com
Old 11-21-2002, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Riverracer, great site!!!! I lived in Orange County and boated on Havasu until 1993 when I was tansfered to Cincinnati Ohio. I remember the good old days on Havasu. On my third Nordic.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:49 AM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris,
We are pretty happy with our's, you may have to wait awhile!

How is your engine doing? Any progress there.

Rick
Old 11-25-2002, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see the site for details, but it was the seawater pump...impeller was destryed and jammed the pump causing the pulley to freeze and mess up the belt (1 pulley not turning) fixed for under $100. Took the boat out Sunday morning to 93 degree weather. I am back in business.

Gary, come check out my message board. Alot of great Nordic talk there!

Chris
Old 11-26-2002, 12:04 AM
ROCK-IT MAN

ROCK-IT MAN,here. I have only had one Nordic{RAGE} picked it up at the factory and being 900 miles away there is no warenty work avaible up here ,I have had no problems at all I ran the stock motor for about 20 hrs while my new 572 was being built and now I run 104.6 mph verified by radar and gps,there will be mention of my boat in hot boat soon Eric tells me as It ran 98.6 mph at the 2002 Sacramento Shoot out and was picked best of show,I have had 9 boats over the last 20 yaers and the Nordic is by far the best handling and best looking boat ever, I have a new Nordic Cat on order and I have to get to at leats 144.1mph to beat elim.

Old 03-23-2003, 01:50 PM
35flame

Nordic fans-I love my 35 flame and feel it compares in quality to other production boats in its size for the money and performance. If you own a boat, you better like to tinker and improve things. However, my Nordic blistered the first season. I kept it in the fresh water of Lake Tahoe for ten weeks. Boat lifts are not an option as there are no slips, all bouys. Hundreds of boats of all makes are moored in this lake every year. When I called nordic on the issue, they said you cant keep a Nordic in the water. That came as a shock! I then called Formula, Hustler, DCB, Baja, Ultra, Sunsation, and Conquest and was told that for my boating season of 4 to 5 months, it would be fine to keep the boat in the water. While I am now aware of the possibility of osmosis in gel coat in any boat, most builders use vinylester resins and/or barrier coats in their construction and advertise as so. Read powerboat mag tests under workmanship. Nordic doesnt seem to supply lamination schedules in any of the tests. In defense of Nordic, after I told them of the cost for me to properly redo locally, they agreed to fix the bottom. To make it easier for them, I pulled motors, drives, drained fluids, and prepped interior for boat to be turned over. I also delivered and picked up, 1200 miles. I re installed all of the above. I give the repair a B grade, missed some blisters, didnt repair an air pocket hole 3 inches long, left portions of repairs unbuffed. I put out a ton of effort and expense to correct the problem on a boat I had owned for 6 months. I wish Nordic would take some or all of the measures available today to prevent this problem, and if they are, make them known. If I had more knowledge of osmosis, blistering, vinylester resins, and barrier coating, I would have made construction materials a bigger priority than just looks and speed. In my case, mooring my boat is a must, as launches at Tahoe are way behind times, and a 2000 foot grade stands between me and the lake. Eventually, I will have to strip the bottom of the boat and add a barrier coating to it. The price to do it? $14,500+/- with a graphite running surface and any bluprinting that can be done. Ive also had my share of the small stuff to deal with- leaky exhaust at clamp to tailpipe, both bilge blowers replaced, restaple bolster seats, nylock nuts on bolster seats, two stereo speakers, leaking rear drain plug, re glue rubber trim on interior bulkheads, align drop down bolster seat latches, and misc rattles. The blisters were the big deal though. I have owned other boats and they needed similar attention as well, short of blisters. Thanks everyone for listening to me go on and by the way, I still love the damn thing!

Old 03-24-2003, 07:40 AM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Did Nordic ever tell you during/after the repair what type of resin they used on the hull? Also, when they repaired it did they use a different material so you can keep it in the water?
Old 03-24-2003, 10:10 AM
singularity

Default Hey Dragon Slayer......

Whats with the flimsy cardboard honeycomb crap that they core the engine hatch on the 26 Daytona with? The same engine hatch that started to delaminate when the boat was only a couple of months old. And by the way, did I say cardboard?
Talk about cheap.

Oh yea, what about the rub rail retaining lag bolts that protrude
into the cabin at just the right place to stab someone in the head.
And they're hidden behind the carpet so you can't see them. Didn't hit my head but they drew blood from my hand when I bumped them.

If you work for Eliminator like you say, you better get a clue
because Eliminators s**t stinks too.

Old 03-24-2003, 09:26 PM
35flame

RV- thanks for your response. I tried to talk to Orval about the repair and what we would do. He became very mad and said he wasnt dealing with this anymore and transferred me to Lonnie. After speaking with him, I faxed him a vinylester barrier coat repair sheet that I had, but never heard anything on it. I pretty much gave up and let them do whatever they would do, knowing eventually I will pull the motors again and have my local guy permanently repair it. I dont like the the expense of it, but its my only option. The repair they did do consisted of grinding off the blisters and re gelcoating the areas, period. The blisters were small and caught in time to prevent glass damage. I dont think Im any better off underneath, just bought myself some time before a full on repair. I hope Nordic considers barrier coating and vinylester resin for the new 42 footer and future 35 footers. If were not going to do that, have dealers inform buyers not to keep their new boat in the water, except on a lift. There are no absolutes in preventing blistering, but from what Ive learned vinylester is far superior to polyester resin.

Quick Reply: Nordic Quality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.