Notices

Nordic Quality?

Old 09-09-2004, 11:27 AM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Nordic Quality?

Wowchad,
Which one did you get and where is it coming from?

Rick
Old 09-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking at the Scanda's but could not find one, in my price range, that lasted long enough to schdule a trip to look at it. Most of those are in CO AZ CA etc.
I found a 1999 22' in Michigan for around 20k and put a deposit on it last week. I was supposed to pick it up on Saturday but the underwriter at the bank is out until the 16th

I hope this will keep my rather large, but young family happy until the price on a used Rage drops some.
Attached Thumbnails Nordic Quality?-1999-nordic.jpg  
Old 09-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DRAGON SLAYER.......You sure you weren't looking at a NOR-TECH instead of a NORDIC.....common problem these days
Old 09-10-2004, 08:05 AM
rv
Registered

Wowchad,
Congrats with your new boat. Hope you get a chance to get some time on it before the snow flys. That should be a nice boat.

Rick
Old 09-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Registered

Rick what kind of boat are you running?
I'm guessing mostly Chain of Lakes....
I'm only 8 minutes from the Lake Michigan launch at Bender Park but with a 22 foot boat you can't venture out far!
I also run a 1997 21' Challenger jet boat and would love to make it down to The Chain one of these Thursday nights.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:46 AM
rv
Registered

We have a 35 Flame and keep it in drystake at Northpoint Marina on Lake Michigan. We use to run the Chain (about 18yrs worth) but with this boat we stay on the big lake. It is a nice boat and we have had great times with it. We are thinking about selling it and moving up to something a little bigger. If you know anyone looking for a 35 send them over.

Rick
Old 09-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Well. I have to say Dragon Slayer got this forum going. It has been very dead but it appears more people are looking at it than posting in it.

I find it interesting that Dragon Slayer is in Mira Loma, Eliminators home town??? I been to that place just to visit Eliminator. Very nice people who work there and the boats are very nice. As far as your comment on the plywood I have the following to comment. I had a Velocity for the past five years, they used this white plastic board that would never riot. That was great from that aspect, but you could not keep screws in it. every time I boated in rough water, I would find a screw in the floor. So there is a trade off in every boat. I have Gary's old 35. It only had one nick in it. I looked at it harder after your comment on the gel thickness. It has over 1/8" of gel. I do not know of any paint that thick.

Hustled, Covers are not designed to be fish ponds, maybe you should try putting some poles in the cockpit. Also, you claimed you keep your Nordic inside other than the one week. If so, even home plywood would not riot. Sounds like after your cover broke you just left it outside for the weather to get to it. Your comment on the door motor, I was looking around my boat to see how things were done. It is only five screws to get to the door motor through the cabin. Took me only five minutes to get them off. I will agree with you & Dragon Slayer that Nordic's public relations leave a lot to be desired. I have giving up on getting any help from them. A good friend has a 388. There are very nice boats. He just had his bottom reconditioned due to nicks in the gel coat. At first he thought a lot was his fault, not hitting the trailer right while loading and unloading. After they got to work on the bottom, they found voids in many other spots that was starting to do the same. The company that did the repair on it for him tapped the entire bottom, cut out all the voids, spayed on new gel and polished it out. It looks like new. That cost him about 3K. By the way, if you run Gary, you better have more than 525's or you will be disappointed.

All boats have there set of problems. How well you take care of a boat will limit your problems. I have been very happy with the quality of the Nordic. Seems to be better than east coast boats. Maybe my problems have not come yet. A person I know just got a new Top Gun. He has had numerous problems. Go on the Active Thunder forum, look at Sydways comments. He has had problems. All boats have problems. I think every boat mentioned in this forum are very nice boats and probably will have some kind of problem.

Thanks to all who have gotten the forum going one way or another. Hopefully I have not insulated anyone, if so accept my apology. I did make some stabs though.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Linster
I have been very happy with the quality of the Nordic. Seems to be better than east coast boats. Maybe my problems have not come yet.
A lot has to do with the type of waters you run in. I sold mine because I don't think it would have held up in my waters after a few more years. Comparing the Nordic to the east coast designs, there is no comparison in the ride or solidness of the boat in rougher water. For lake/river conditions and occasional chop, the boat is fine.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Comparing the Nordic to the east coast designs, there is no comparison in the ride or solidness of the boat in rougher water. For lake/river conditions and occasional chop, the boat is fine.
Being that I'm going from a Baja to a Nordic, how would you compare the Rage to a 25' Outlaw?
I'm guessing you're saying the East coast builders make a solid boat compared to a Nordic? (If boating offshore)

My wife had a good point on resale, being that Baja's are more common around here (Milw., WI), we would probably get more for it used.
I've been looking at 232 Islanders and sure can't find a 2000 with only 66 hours on it for the price we're getting this Nordic 22' for!
Old 09-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Indy,
I am not sure how it will hold up in real rough water on a regular basis. I don't think any do well under that. I would have an old barge style boat if I was in 4-5 footers all the time. I probably would give up boating if all I had was 4-5 foot water. Getting beat to death is not my idea of fun. Besides,it spills your beverages.

The 37 Active Thunder is a real good all around rough water boat from what I have seen. A friend of mine has one but he still has stuff falling loose and that kind of stuff.

Quick Reply: Nordic Quality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.