Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Nordic Cat >

Nordic Cat

Notices

Nordic Cat

Old 11-09-2002, 02:40 PM
ROCK-IT MAN

Default Nordic Cat

Any one seen the new Cat nordic is building, I currently own a rage, the only 100+ mph Rage, love the boat but NEED !!!!!! to go faster.Selling mine if anyone interested. Nice to have a nordic forum, before nordic anounced the cat I was moving up to the 28 in 2003,was going to build a 100 mph 28, has anyone out there run a 28 that fast if so would like to here from you, I built a new boat at least every other year and sell, my wife says what I enjoy is the creative part of modifying the boat for top speed. I ran 98.6 mph at the Sacramento Shootout last Aug and have ran 104.6 on radar and gps in my Rage.Im in Grants Pass Ore but go south for the winter and will speed time at havasu and mead next summer, we have a houseboat at lake shasta if anyone gets up that way.I have 20 yrs exp racing boats and have a lot of knowledge rigging and building motors if I can lend my exp to anyone just ask. ROCK-IT MAN
Attached Thumbnails Nordic Cat-chris-boat-best-smalr.jpg  

Old 11-09-2002, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Rock-it

I have seen the plug of the 26 cat, awesome looking. I will try to attach pics. 104 in a 25 WOW! Rock on!!!
Old 11-11-2002, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey Rock-It Man,
that's living on the edge
Don't know of any 100 mph Heats but do know of 2 that run in the 90+ range. One is a Whipplecharged HP500EFI and the other is a ProCharged HP500EFI with the new Merc drive setup. I can't confirm the second however...
I hope to be near those numbers when I'm done. I'm currently installing a M3 ProCharger and 504 intercooler on my mild 540MPI. I'm fairly conservative and probably won't run too much boost in order to keep my outdrive attached to the boat. After all, it is a pleasure boat
I'm mainly doing this for altitude compensation here in Utah.
BTW, I used to live in Redding and used to run out to Shasta almost every day after work in the summer. It was the only place to cool down if you know what I mean. Great place
Good luck with your new boat and keep us posted.
Later,
Dave