Boat Show? >

Boat Show?

Notices

Boat Show?

Old 11-30-2002, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Show?

How's it going guys? I am interested to know if nordic will have any 28's at the Miami boat show in February?
Old 12-01-2002, 07:20 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

Wow...another potential north east Nordic owner Cool...it's getting lonley up here with no other Noridics to run with If you're serious and want to run in one next spring, let me know, I'm not too far from where you are.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

Indy, thanks for the offer, I'll probably take you up on that in the spring. Where in the sound do you run? I am usually in Manhasset Bay, Oyster Bay, and mostly the sand bar at Loyds Neck. I haven't ventured over to the Conneticut side yet but would love to.

I can't decide if I want to go with a twin engine 31' or 32', or stay simple with a single 28'. How does the boat handle the sound on a busy weekend? What engine do you have and what kind of speeds do you get?
Old 12-01-2002, 04:04 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

J-454...small world, if you mean Sand Hole in Lloyds Neck, I'm there all the time Not to many good reasons to come over to the CT side, maybe a visit to SoNo in Norwalk or the Crab Shell in Stamford, Islands in Greenwich or Norwalk. I spend most of my time over in Long Island in Sand Hole, Eaton's Neck, Northport, Pt. Jeff. Last summer I started trailering the boat up to Old Saybrook and crossing over to the east end of LI. I'll be doing much more of that this coming summer, it's a great area for boating and I have some friends out that way.

No problem on the busy weekends, as a matter of fact, if it's calm out, we just get bored. The chop is fun. The boat flys level and lands well, although a PowerPlay or Pantera would be a little smoother. There's not much I've not taken it in, and for the most part it does well. I'll stay put with the steep 4's & 5's we get with a NE or E wind. The only time I've turned around is when there were 6 footers out there and we took one over the bow as soon as we cleared the islands (Norwalk), not fun in this boat.

The boat is a 2001 28' with a 496HO and does 67 on a good day (70-80 degrees). The engine is way to underpowered for this hull. The hull can handle big power well. If I had it to do over again I'd have Zul in LI or Blue Lightning in CT build me a 540 and have it shipped to Nordic for the installation and rigging. If $$$ is not an issue you might want to look into the new 525 from Merc. if you want Merc power. I'm going to try a friends 26 lab Bravo next spring, maybe that'll be the prop for this hull/engine combo.

If you want to talk I'm at 203-762-9281 day/eves...Steve

BTW...you're more than welcome on the boat this spring, we could meet at any of the local areas mentioned above or you could just come to Norwalk.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:44 PM
Registered

Indy, thanks for the insight on the nordic, and come spring I will definatly touch base with you to meet in the sound somewhere.
The bad part is that it is only December, what a bummer!! I am looking foward to the Miami boat show so I can see all of my options up close.
Thanks again,
Old 12-03-2002, 07:23 AM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Johnnyd454,

I you sure Nordic is going to be at the Miami show? Which dealer is going to have boats there?

Rick
Old 12-03-2002, 05:53 PM
Registered

RV, I don't know if Nordic is going to be there but I am going regauardless to check out a few other boats.